103) Busy

He had been away for three months. They had seen each other once while he was away but it wasn't enough. They missed each other terribly but every time he came back, she was always busy.

He arrived home late last night. She was fast asleep by the time he got home.

"Hey baby", he whispered against her neck as he climbed into bed.

"Mm", she said feeling his warmth against her back.

"I missed you", she said sleepily, turning around to bury her face in the crook of his neck.

"I missed you too baby", he said and kissed her head.

"I love you so much", he said as her breathing slowed down again, drifting off to sleep.

"I love you", she breathed against his chest and he smiled before falling asleep.

***

She normally worked from home, editing not yet published books.

She woke up around 6am, knowing she had deadlines to meet. She smiled as she saw him sleeping peacefully beside her, his arm behind his head and the other wrapped loosely around her waist. She kissed his forehead, leaving him to sleep longer.

She made herself breakfast and coffee before going to her office in the house and getting to work. She had to edit one more book by tomorrow. It was a busy week as another editor had called in sick so she had to take over her work.

Papers were scattered around her desk as she had a pen in her mouth and one in her hands. Eyes skimming over the words on the pages as she corrected them. She laughed at some of the content, enjoying the book already.

"Morning", his voice called from her door. She looked up, already smiling as she took in his shirtless chest.

"Morning handsome", she said and got up to wrap her arms around him. He smiled against her neck, taking in her scent.

"Mm you have gotten more beautiful", he says, causing her to blush against his chest.

"And you have gotten more blind", she jokes and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious baby", he says looking into her eyes.

"Kiss me", she whispers against his lips and he doesn't waste time connecting their lips. She smiles into the kiss, finally feeling his lips on hers after all these weeks.

"I've missed that", he says and she nods, agreeing.

"What do you want to do today?", he asks, his hands roaming over her body.

"Ah I wish I could spend the whole day just in bed with you", she says and he moans against her neck, placing wet kisses against her skin.

"But I have so much work to do", she sighs and he pulls back frowning.

"Come on babe, I've been away for so long.. can't you just take the day off?", he asks.

"I can't I'm sorry. I have a deadline and it's tomorrow", she sighs, trying to explain to him.

"Why couldn't you do this while I was gone?", he asks, getting annoyed.

She frowns, "I had other work to do. My co-worker got sick so I have all her work to do too", she explains but it doesn't soften him up.

"I just wanted to spend time with you", he says.

"And I did too babe. I'll try finish this up before tonight and then we can go out or do something okay?", she tries to lighten the mood but he just shakes his head.

"Don't bother. Clearly work is more important", he says and she starts getting angry.

"Tyler my job is important to me. You know you're always my number one priority but I just have to get this done. You can't be mad at me for doing my job", she tells him.

"It's just a job Y/N", he says and she takes a step back.

"Really? The dream job that I've wanted since I was fifteen. The job that helps pay the bills. The job that keeps me busy while you do your "just a job"", she raises her voice.

He knows he has upset her but he is too upset to say anything.

"I'm going to visit some friends. See you later", he says and walks to put a shirt on then out the house. She sighs before going back to work.

She's too busy finishing up her work that she doesn't notice him getting back. He goes upstairs and runs her a bath before putting the food he got in the fridge.

He goes to her office and stands in the doorway. He watches how her eyes skim the papers, making small notes on the sides before turning to the next page.

She rubs her neck as it's tense from looking down. He smiles slightly when he sees her yawn before going back to reading.

"Enjoying the view?", she asks dryly. He chuckles before going over to her.

"I'm sorry baby", he says as he bends down to meet her eyes. She looks down at him and frowns slightly.

"Did you really mean what you said? About this being just a job? Because you know how much this means to me", she says and tears fill her eyes.

"No babe, you know I didn't mean it. I was just upset that we couldn't spend the whole day together. I know how hard you work and how good you are at your job. And how much this job means to you and how much it helps. I'm so sorry for what I said", he apologizes and rubs his fingers under her eyes to wipe away her tears.

"Come on, you've been working all day you need a break", he says but she tries to protest.

"Uh uh babe, I've run you a bath. Just go and relax. I'll heat up the Chinese food I got for us.. and come get you when it's ready okay?", he says and she smiles at him.

"Thank you love", she pecks his cheek.

"You're welcome", he smiles down at her before turning around to go to the kitchen but she grabs his wrist.

"Join me for a bath", she says seductively and he grins before chasing her upstairs.

(Hello! Just want to say thank you for all the love for this book!
I've started a Harry Styles Imagines book if you want to check it out! But don't worry, the Tyler Imagines will be my priority and Dylan Imagines will still carry on.
Thank you and love you all xxxx )