28) Player

Tyler was the biggest player in high school. New girl everyday while flirting with 100 more on the side. He was never actually together with a girl. Just hooked up with a new one every day.

You were the smart girl in school. Good grades, good friends, witty, and the captain of the volleyball team. You didn't have time for a boyfriend and you didn't have the slightest interest in Tyler. Until one day..

***
That day was today. Tyler and you had been paired together to help with the sports awards. He was the captain of the lacrosse team and since your two sports were the main ones at your school, the teachers decided to have you two work together. You both were in charge of helping to organise the hall and assist with anything else that needed to be done for the night to run smoothly.

"Please can you move those chairs further back", you asked one of the freshmen that were helping. He blushed as you smiled at him before clumsily walking into the chairs. You held back a giggle while he fixed himself up and started moving the chairs.

"Always making the boys blush", you heard a voice say from behind you. You turned around and saw Tyler smirking at you. You gave him a small smile before getting back to placing table cloths over the tables on the stage.

"Can I help with anything?", he asked you and you thought for a second.

"You can move that table next to this one please", you asked him and he smiled while nodding. He kept his eyes on you for a while before you raised your eyebrows. He just shook his head and proceeded to move the table.

"Yo! Posey!", Dylan called from across the hall. He was Tylers best friend and the school clown. He was sweet but could also be extremely annoying when he wanted to. It's like he picks his moments very wisely. For example, today when you are already stressing and irritates he decides to pick on you.

"Looking good. Anything I can do?", Dylan says after giving Tyler a hug. They have literally been apart from each for 20 minutes, why do they need to hug?

"Ask the girl in charge", Tyler said and nodded towards you.

"Hey babycakes", Dylan winks at you. Tyler laughs as you roll your eyes at the nickname.

"Hi Dylan", you mutter as you try to sort out the seating arrangements.

"Anything I can do for you fine lady?", he smirks but you just shake your head until an idea comes into your mind.

"Actually you can go buy me food. I'm starving",  you say as your stomach rumbles. He quirks an eyebrow at you but you just pout.

"Please. I'll pay you back. I just don't have any cash on me", you say and he sighs before nodding and heading off to go get you something.

"Thank you!", you shout and he just beams at you.

You turn and see Tyler looking at you weirdly.
"What?", you ask but he just shakes his head.

***
The awards evening went off smoothly. Everyone was pleased with how it turned out. Tyler and yourself won sportsman and woman of the year. You were taking a photo with your mom when Tyler walked over to you.

"Congratulations", you said and wrapped his arms around you. You were a bit surprised at first but wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Would you... Um would you like to go out for pizza with me? Well not just me.. A whole bunch of us are going to celebrate..", he said, clearly embarrassed because he's never done this before.

"Uh yeah sure. Let me just check with my mom", you told him and he nodded.

Soon you and Tyler, along with Dylan and some other guys from his team and girls from your team were eating pizza at a restaurant near the school. Tyler was sitting next to you, asking you questions about yourself and getting to know each other. You were having fun. He was a really great guy. Funny, smart and handsome.

"Shall I take you home?", he asks and you nod. You say goodbye to everyone and Tyler winks at his friends. You roll your eyes because they probably said something inappropriate. You're not going to do anything with Tyler. You're not that type of girl.

"Thanks for driving me home", you say to him as he walks you to your door.

"It's a pleasure. I had a great time", he says smiling that gorgeous smile of his. You return the smile before getting your keys out.

"Hopefully your dad isn't waiting inside for you. I'm sure you don't want an interrogation", he laughs but then stops when he sees your facial expression.

"What did I say?", he steps closer to you.
"He... He passed away last summer", you tell him and he looks embarrassed that he didn't know.

"I'm so sorry", he says and steps closer to you. You're looking at his shirt so when he wraps his arms around you and presses a kiss to your head, you're surprised. But what surprises you even more is the strange sense of protection that you feel as he holds you. He makes you feel safe and that thought scares you because you barely know him.

You step away and give him a small smile before walking into your house.
"Night", you say and he looks surprised that you are actually saying goodbye. That never happened to Jim. Girls always wanted him to stay.

"Oh um night", he waves and then walks back to his car.

***
The next day at school, you see his arms wrapped around some girls waist. He stands against his locker and she fits into his arms. They're smiling and obviously flirting with one another. A pang of jealousy and hurt hits you and you wonder why you're feeling all these weird emotions for a boy you hardly know... But wish you did.

The rest of the day you were in a funk. None of your friends were able to help you out of it. You just weren't in the mood for anyone or anything.

You were walking home when a car pulled up next to you.

"Can I give you a lift?", Tyler asks, not looking at you.

"I'm fine thanks", you say and continue walking but his car keeps stalking you.

"Tyler just go home please. I don't know why you're wasting your time with me", you huffed and he just stared at you before getting angry.

"Neither do I", he said and drove off.

***
Later that night, you lay in bed, reading a book. It was what helped you relax.

You heard a knock on the door and immediately tensed. You were home alone and you were already in bed because it was late. Grabbing your baseball bat you made your way down the stairs and peeped through the curtains. You saw Tyler standing there and didn't know what to do.
Hesitantly you opened the door. You stood in front of him in your fuzzy pj's. He smiled down at your small frame.

"Hi", he said.

"Hi", you replied.

"I came to apologise", he told you and you looked at him confused.

"For what?", you asked. They whole car thing didn't really upset you.

"For ignoring you the whole day and acting like a jerk. You aren't like most girls and I don't know how to act around you", he explained and you just stared up at him.

"I.. Um.. I guess I was upset that we didn't talk but then again we didn't really speak throughout high school", you shrugged.

"Yeah but as soon as I saw how different and independent you were... I know I wanted to get to know you. And just because you didn't invite me over to your house after the pizza night.. I don't know I just really knew you weren't like the others and I liked that but it scared me.. Because I never... I never get feelings for anyone... Until you came along", he admitted.

You looked up at him and didn't know what to say. He took a step forward and you let him. He cupped your cheeks and smiles softly at you.

"You are so beautiful",  he whispered and leaned down.

You waited for the contact and when you felt it, you were floating. So many emotions were felt and you couldn't get enough of his lips on yours. He pulled away slightly and rested his forehead against yours.

"Hopefully this means that you feel the same way", he let out a breathy laugh.

"Kinda", you smiles you at him and he shook his head before connecting your lips again.

There will be a part 2. Sorry for taking so long, been a busy week xx thanks for reading ❤