88) Quiet

Tyler sat beside you on the couch, his hand holding yours as you two watched a movie together. You two have been dating for two months but he was always quiet around you. Not distant but just quiet. He hadn't been in a relationship for three years, so he wasn't sure how to act around you.

You two would talk but it would be about small things, he would listen to your problems or your serious needs but when it came to him, he would close himself off. Not letting you get too close. It didn't bother you so much at the beginning of your relationship but lately he just seems to be shutting himself off more from you.

You sigh as you two haven't spoken for nearly a half an hour. He turns to face you, frowning.

"Are you okay?", he asks and you nod, looking at the tv.

"What's wrong?", he asks and turns to face you.

"You've just been really quiet lately", you tell him and he frowns.

"I'm sorry. There's just a lot on my mind", he sighs.

"And you know you can speak to me about it right?", you assure him. He gives you a slight smile, nodding as he looks into your eyes.

"I've just been thinking a lot about my mom.. I miss her a lot and I've never really been able to speak about it all and kind of grieve properly you know?", he says and you nod, cuddling up to him.

He spends the rest of the night opening up to you about his family life. Speaking about his mom and her death and how it affected him.

His voice is getting tired by the end of the night, his eyes heavy. You reassure him that everything will be okay and that you will be here for him through it all. You appreciated that he opened up so much.

"Do you want to stay over?", you ask him as he rests his head on the couch.

"If it's okay with you", he says. You smile at him and get up, holding out your hand for him to take. He grabs it and gets up, squeezing your hand as you lead him to your room.

"Thanks for letting me stay", he says after he takes off his clothes and joins you in bed.

"You're always welcome here bubs", you tell him and he smiles down at you. He kisses your lips softly, his hands on your hips rubbing circles onto your skin.

"Night babe", he says against your lips.

"Night", you smile up at him and you two fall asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning Tyler wakes you up before he leaves for work.

"I'll see you later babe", he kisses your cheek as you smile softly up at him.

"Enjoy your day", you tell him and he winks at you before leaving.

The whole day you don't hear anything from Tyler. You sent him a message asking if he was coming over tonight but nothing. You sigh as you get home from work, going to the kitchen to make something to eat. You knew Tyler would freak out after he opened up to you. He is probably scared that he is getting too close to you.

You phone him to make sure he is okay but there's no answer. So you decide to call it a night.

The next day you receive a text from Tyler, just saying Hey.

You freak out because you think he is going to break up with you. You decide not to reply too soon but rather wait a while.

You there?

My dad wants to take me out for dinner tonight, come with? x

You smile at the last text and reply with an okay x

He still has to explain why he went all cold shoulder on you.

He picks you up later that night, picking you up at the door. He smiles down at you, wrapping his arms around you.

"I'm sorry for not speaking to you yesterday. I was just scared that I was opening up too much.. but I realized that I need that. I need you. You make me happier and a better person. And I enjoyed opening up to you. I was just scared that if you knew too much about me you wouldn't like me.. it sounds pathetic. But I'm really sorry. I spent some time with my brothers and dad yesterday after work and we spoke about you.. he made me realize how lucky I am to have you. So if you still want me.. I'll try harder to be everything you need", he says and you smile, tears in your eyes.

You reach up and cup his cheeks, pulling him down so that your lips meet his. He smiles into the kiss and pulls you closer.

"Let's get going", he says and you smile. He opens the car door for you and you thank him as you climb in.

"Are you nervous?", you ask him.

"Not really. My dad is really excited to meet you and I'm excited for you two to get to know each other", he says and you smile.

"You're making me really happy Posey", you tell him and he smiles, reaching for your hand.

"I'm so glad I met you", he tells you

Dinner with Tyler's dad was so great. You heard more stories of Tyler's childhood and how he was so naughty when he was younger before he started acting. Tyler laughed and spoke more than you've ever heard him talk before. Tyler's dad really likes you and you two really got along.

"Did you have fun?", Tyler asks you as you lay in bed that night.

"Yeah, I'm glad you're opening up to me", you smile at him.

"Me too. I trust you and want you to know everything.. even if that scares you away", he says.

"Nothing will scare me away", you promise him and he kisses your lips.

This was lame. Sorry x

Request coming tomorrow x