Peeta Mellark x Child!Reader

Requested by: Ava__Hart :)

(B/N: Boy's name)

Boom. Boom.

The little boy shivered, terrified from the sound. The roar of thunder and pat-pat of rain against his window didn't let him sleep.

The thick curtains fully covered the windows of his room, protecting him from whatever hidden monsters that lurked outside in the dark.

The clock had struck four now and it was still pitch dark outside. The blankets were tightly wrapped around him - the cocoon protected him from lightning and the other monsters he had read about in books.

BOOM!

He screamed out in fear, jumping off of his bed. Tears were now streaming down his face. It seemed as if lightning had struck somewhere nearby. He tighly wrapped his favourite blanket around himself and sat in his bed, crying.

The door of his room suddenly opened and he shrivelled in fear. A gentle hand ruffled his hair. Hesitantly, he looked up to the see the soft face of his father.

"Are you okay, (B/N)?" Peeta asked his son, looking at him worriedly.

"I-I'm scared, papa," his voice was shaky and tears freely ran down his face.

"What is my little champion scared of?"

"L-lightning."

"You don't have to worry, (B/N). Papa is here with you."

"What if it falls on our.. h-house?" His eyes were wide open and Peeta had never seen him look as terrified.

"Papa will protect you from it."

"You will?"

"Yes, my son. Now come on, let's sleep."

"Will you sleep here?"

"Yes. Come on," he grabbed his son's hand and gently laid him on the bed and covered him with the blankets. Next, he lied with him.

"Do you know why it rains?"

"No."

"So plants can shower."

"Really?" (B/N) smiled.

"Yeah," Peeta ran his hand through (B/N)'s hair, trying to lull him to sleep.

"That's good! Plants and trees need to cleaned too!"

Peeta securely wrapped his arms around him, making his son feel safe and sound in his embrace.

Slowly, to the sound of the pitter-patter of rain, they both fell asleep.

------------------

A/N: I hope you liked it, lmao. I'm sorry, I tried.

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay amazing,
~Valdezzzing ❤