Q x Reader

Requested by The_Quartermaster! Hope you enjoy :)

(Y/N)'s POV:

"(Y/N), where were you?" Q asked, eyebrows raised.
"I was with James." You replied. You suddenly saw his jaw drop.
"Where did you go?"
"We, uh went to a coffee shop." You answered, looking at Q weirdly. He clenched his jaw, looking away.
"Oh," Was all he said as he walked away from your desk.
What was up with this boy? He had been acting so distant since the past week.
Shrugging, you continued to work.

The day was rolling by fine, when a nervous but cute as hell Q walked over to you. "(Y/N), are you free tonight?"
You smiled at him, "Yup."
"Do you wanna hang out tonight then? We'll go get food at your favourite restaurant." He smiled.
"Sure!" You replied, a huge smile on your face and your cheeks rosy.
"See you then." He grinned, walking away.

Your happy little bubble burst when you remembered something. You were scheduled to hang out with James tonight. Ouch. You both had made that plan the previous week. James was very busy and you didn't want to hurt him. He'd specially asked you to help him shop for a fancy suit and you didn't want to decline. James was a very good friend of yours and you wanted to help him.

On the contrary, Q had asked you out on a date.
A date!
Q was also a very good friend of yours and to be honest, you hadn't been giving him much time. He seemed very unhappy with you and James hanging out a lot. It was the truth, though, you hung out with James way more than with Q. A date with Q! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

You were stuck. You couldn't decide one thing! Ugh! Finally you decided to go shopping with James first and then go out with Q. You didn't want to hurt any of them. You'd leave early to go with James and meet Q at night.

You grabbed your stuff and began to walk towards the exit.
"Hey! Going home?" Q asked, running towards you.
"No, I actually have to help a friend out." You replied, looking anywhere but at him. You didn't want to tell him you were going to help James. He'd just get mad. Besides, you didn't like James like that.
"Oh. So when should I pick you, (Y/N)?" Q grinned.
"I, uh, you don't have to pick me, Q. Thanks a lot. My friend will drop me. Just send me the address."
Q's smile dropped for a second but he grinned. "Can't wait! Bye (Y/N)."
You smiled at his cuteness, "Bye, Q."

Q's POV:
I was so happy. (Y/N) was the cause of it! She agreed to go out with me. I really, really liked her. Heck, I might even love her. She was just so cute, so adorable and so funny. So beautiful. A complete contrast to my personality. I just hoped she liked me. Maybe she did. She agreed to go out with me. That must mean something, right?
I still have to go shopping for a suit. I should leave and get shopping now. As I left the building, I couldn't help but notice how James wasn't there either. How strange. I decided to ignore it and continue on my way.

(Y/N)'s POV:
James and I reached a fancy suit shop and began browsing. I picked out a few suits for him and he went on to try them.
He came back, "How do I look?"
"Dashing." You grinned. Little did you know that a certain angry bespectacled guy was staring at you. His heart had just split.

Q's POV:
I thought I'd heard her but I ignored it. She couldn't be here could she? I was just checking a black suit, when I heard,
"How do I look?"
Was that James Bond I had just heard? I turned to look and was shocked.
"You look dashing." The girl I had sold my heart to replied, a soft smile on her lips. My heart shattered. I couldn't believe it. She was out with him. She had lied to me. But she liked me, didn't she?
Dashing.
Dashing.
Dashing.
The words rang through my head, my heart shattering more with every passing second.
James Bond was dashing, but I wanted her to be mine. To call me dashing. To love me.
I turned away to walk to the cashier when I heard her voice.
"Q?"
I turned back to see her smiling. I faked a smile.
"What are you doing here?" She asked. She still looked so beautiful.
"Shopping. For the date we were supposed to have. You?"
"Oh. I was helping-"
"She was helping me select a suit for this party I have to attend." James Bond interrupted.
I nodded, giving them both a fake smile. "I should get going."

(Y/N)'s POV:
Q looked very hurt. You wanted to cry. You didn't mean to hurt him. You felt so guilty. He looked between you and James before leaving. You took a sharp intake of breath, tears brimming the corners of my eyes.
"(Y/N), thanks a lot for your help. Go." James told you, a sad smile on his face.
"Where?" You asked shakily.
"Go after him. That kid loves you, (Y/N). And you love him. Go now."

And so you ran, ran as fast as you could, after the cute boy. You looked around furiously, trying to locate him. You could see him, far away, walking with his head down.

So you ran. Like they do in the movies, after the boy you loved. You ran, as if running for your life. Your legs and chest were burning when you reached him.
"Q!" You panted.
He turned around to look at you, his eyes wide.
"I... I..am... sorry!" You told him in between breaths. "Breathe... One minute.."
"Yeah..." He said, looking at your forehead.
"No. Seriously. E-Everything w-went wrong. James is just a f-friend." You stuttered.
"It's okay, (Y/N). You can be with James. I have no problem. It's your life, after all." His voice was sour but his eyes were another story. They were dull and hurt.
"No! I don't like James. Why are you getting so worked up, Q?"
"You never get it, do you?"
"You're not jealous, are you?" You raised your eyebrows at him, smirking.
"Jealous? Of course I'm jealous. In case you haven't noticed already, I like you. A lot. Way more than I should." His voice came out louder and angrier.
"But-" You were at a loss for words. Q liked you! You wanted to scream and cry and kiss his pretty face. But the current circumstances...

"I love you, (Y/N). Unrequited love sucks. I hope James keeps you happy." Q turned around to walk away, his shoulders hunched.

Without thinking, you ran in front of him, blocking his way and crashed your lips to his. He was too shocked to respond at first but responded immediately afterwards. You wrapped your arms around his neck while he kept his at your waist.
You gave the kiss your best, pouring out your love for him in it. After a while you pulled back to breathe.

"James is like my brother, Q. You should use that nerdy brain in real life situations as well." You smiled at him, staring into his eyes.
"Thank god. Bond always gets all the girls." Q smiled.
"This one," You said, pointing towards yourself, "is all yours."
His face lit up at that and you gave him a cheeky smile.
"And Q?"
"Hm?"
"I love you too." You grinned kissing his cheek. "So when will you pick me up? And the suit you picked, you will look cute as hell in it." You winked.
His cheeks turned a light pink at that and you burst out laughing.
"I'll pick you up in an hour. And thanks." He smiled, kissing your nose.
"You're welcome." You got on your toes and kissed the beautiful guy.

"Ladies who make the first move are the best." He remarked.
"I know, I am the best." You grinned.
"No doubt." He grinned, cupping your face, "Only the best for me."
"And for me."

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Q might be a bit out of character in this one, I'm not really familiar with him. Buuut, I tried my best. :)

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay gorgeous,
~Valdezzzing ❤