Teen Sirius Black x Reader

*In this oneshot, the reader is James' twin sister. And she doesn't know what Lasagna is.*

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

You could feel someone tapping your desk. Your head was resting on your desk, waiting, as Professor Slughorn still hadn't showed up. Lily, your best friend, had dragged you to class before time, as always.

Slowly, you lifted your head up to see Sirius Black, your brother's best friend, which also made him your best friend.

Now, yours and Sirius' relationship was a very confusing one. He was your brother's and your best friend. And, you really admired him. You knew you had feelings for him, very strong ones, yet you never showed them.

Sometimes, though, he would show you vague signs, such as holding your hand, which could be mistaken for friendship as well. But, could it be more? You tried your best to ignore these small signs, but they still stuck with you. It was his friendship with James and you that was more important to you, than your romantic feelings.

It was his friendship that mattered to you and you would never be selfish enough to risk your brother's relationship with him, or yourself. Sirius was a great human being, and whoever got to be lucky enough to have his affection would be extremely lucky.

"Hello?" Sirius asked, snapping his fingers in front of you, pulling you out of your thoughts, "So what do you think?" He raised his eyebrows, expectantly.

"Uh." You were at a loss. You hadn't been hearing him and now he would think you weren't paying attention. Ugh.

"Yeah, that's a good idea, Sirius." You chirped in, hoping that it would answer whatever he'd said.

"What is, (Y/N)?"

"Uhm..." You looked down, embarrassed.

Sirius chuckled at your reply. "Oh Lord! I know you so well (Y/nickname)!" Sirius grinned at you, "I didn't ask you anything. I just asked you what I'd said, to confuse you. And, you fell for it, sweetie."

Sweetie.

He had called you sweetie. Did friends call each other that?

"Haha. Very funny, Sirius." You rolled your eyes, trying to ignore his use of sweetie and smacked him on the arm playfully.

He smirked at you. And then began, seriously, "So.. I was thinking that maybe you'd like to uh.." He scratched his neck nervously, "Nothing?"

"Hm?"

"Nothing, (Y/N). I got distracted." He mumbled, looking down.

"Sirius?"
"Heh." He just smiled at you sheepishly, passing his hand through his hair.

You loved his hair. You smiled at the thought of running your hand through those locks... Ahh.

And so the room filled up with students.

What was Sirius on about?
He had to say something else.
He had to.
But what was it?

The day was rolling by just fine.

Sirius' nervous expression didn't leave your mind.
The way he was mumbling, his loss for words, also his sheepish behaviour. You weren't dumb.
But you weren't a daydreamer either.

Maybe, you were acting too naive. Sirius couldn't feel the same way, ever. Or could he?

That night you had gone to meet the Marauders in the Room of Requirement and brought Lily along. James was on cloud nine because Lily had come. James cracked lame jokes on which only Sirius and Lily laughed. Remus and you would just smile. Your brother was madly in love with Lily and you shipped it. Hard.

"I want you both to get together. Like right now." You smirked at James and Lily. James winked at you, blowing a kiss towards you while Lily just blushed, looking away.

"So, who's with me on this one?" You shouted and everyone, including Lily cheered.

And that, dear friends was how you made your best friend your brother's girlfriend.

"Hold up." James got up and grinned, "Sirius here has a confession to make. And I have given him permission for that."

James forcefully made Sirius get up.

Sirius looked very uncomfortable and avoided meeting your gaze. James looked at him expectantly.

Sirius cleared his throat, "I am in love with Lasa-gi-na and we're getting married." He was looking directly at you. His eyes were twinkling.

Only Lily chuckled at that.

The man you loved was in love with some weird named person called Lasigna and here Lily was laughing!

You could feel tears brim the corners of your eyes.
You forced them to not leak and maintained your composure.

"It's actually Lasagna, Sirius." Lily replied.

So, Lily knew them.

Your heart immediately shattered. How could it be? You were such a dreamer.

Of course, Sirius Black would never like you.

You cleared your throat, "Guys, I'm tired." Your voice came out small and shattered.

You got up and were about to leave. You looked at Lily and James to see that all traces of humour from their expressions were gone.

Lily looked very sad. "(Y/N), listen-"

"I'm sleepy. See you tomorrow."

You turned to leave but by mistake caught Sirius' eye.
You glared at him without noting his expression and left the room.

You were walking back to your dorm, tears flowing freely now.

"(Y/N)!" Sirius shouted from behind you. You ignored him.

"(Y/N)! Listen to me." You kept on walking until he grabbed your arm from behind. This forced you to stop.
You glared at him.

"I can explain." He began but you cut him off.

"Explain what?" You asked, your voice venomous.

"Lasagna is an Italian dish which Muggles eat. James told me to confess a secret but I didn't have the courage to. So I made this up. And, you reacted so much to it." He spoke all of this in a rush and was out of breath by the time he finished.

You suddenly felt humiliated. It was a joke yet you let your stupid feelings show. Why did this have to happen? But you couldn't help but sigh in relief.

"So your confession was? For which James gave you permission?" You asked, furiously wiping your tears.

He hesitated for a second and then gently put his hand on your cheek.

Looking away he rushed out, "Myconfessionwastoaskyoutobemygirlfriendbecauseiloveyou."

Your heart suddenly expanded.

"Wait what was that, Sirius?" You smirked at him.

"You're so slow." He chuckled.

"Excuse you, I understood what you said. I don't want to be your girlfriend." You glared at him, crossing your arms.

This boy! He made you want to write romantic poems about him and beat the hell out of him at the same. Ugh.

He looked at you with a confused face.

"And you know who's slow, Sirius? It's you. You could've admitted earlier but no." You huffed out.

"You could've made the first move too, (Y/N). Why would anyone deny you?" Sirius questioned.

"Well, you-" You were cut off by two lips crushing on yours. You sighed in contentment, kissing him back.

"I love you, Sirius." You whispered to him.

"I know." He grinned kissing your nose, "And I love you too."

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I really enjoyed writing this. :")

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed too. :)

Vote, comment, fan and request and stay fab,
~Valdezzzing ❤