Edward Elric x Reader

Doesn't really contain any spoilers.

8 years ago.

"If he grows taller than me one day, I'll consider dating him!" (Y/N) giggled, earning chuckles from Winry and Al.

The shorter blond boy turned so red that he looked like an actual tomato, "SHUT UP, (Y/N)! I WILL BE TALLER THAN YOU ONE DAY!"

"Aw, Ed wants (Y/N) to consider him worthy of dating?" Winry laughed.

"THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT! YOU GUYS KEEP MAKING FUN OF ME FOR BEING SO SHORT. I WILL GROW SO TALL THAT-"

"Children, it is time for dinner. Come inside," Pako, (Y/N)'s and Winry's grandma called from inside the house, "hurry up and come!"

"(Y/N), maybe Ed likes you!" Al smiled as they both walked inside together.

A small smile came on the girl's lips, "I don't think so."

"But I think so."

A small blush came on her cheeks, "Al, I don't think it's true. We're too young right now, after all."

The boy nodded, "Hmm, yeah."

♡ Time skip by Ayato Kirishima just because I miss that brat ♡

Present day

So much changes with every passing second. One could never imagine how much their life would change in the blink of an eye.

All through the years, the bond of (Y/N) with Winry and the Elric brothers had stayed firm. They were her only family. The Rockbells had lost their lives years ago, and it was only Pako, Winry and the Elric brothers that kept (Y/N) going.

Soon, she realised that what she felt for Edward Elric was not just adoration, she was in love with him and everything about him. His rare eye smiles, his obnoxiously loud voice, his kind heart, his eyes and above all, his determination to keep on moving forward.

A small smile, a lingering handshake, a gentle pat on the back from Ed, was all that it took for her to find more motivation to live, to not give up. If Ed, Al and Winry never gave up, why should she?

As long as Ed was alive, she would continue living life and showering all those she loved with care and affection.

Ed and Al stood in front of the place they had been calling home for so long. Ed was just going to rin the bell when the door burst open.

A young girl with the most beautiful smile and shiniest eyes stood in front of them. Her face immediately grew brighter as she spotted two of her best friends.

"Ed, Al!"

Whoosh.

She had wrapped her arms around both the boys very tightly. So tighly that Ed couldn't breathe.

"(Y/N)! How are you?" Al grinned at her.

"I'm good! I'm so happy you guys came. It's been so long!"

"Not that long," Ed mumbled, playing with his fingers.

"ED! YOU'VE GROWN TALLER THAN ME. OH MY-"

"It's been three years?" Al wondered. "I missed you so much."

"Yeah, three, I think. I missed you guys more! Winry comes tomorrow as well!"

"Really? That's great!"

"You're not talking much, Ed. Is everything okay?" (Y/N) mumbled, giving Ed a worried smile.

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry!" Ed replied, frowning.

(Y/N)'s eye twitched in anger, "I was asking for your wellbeing because I'm concerned about you and you-"

"Here we go again, ah," Al sighs, "let's go inside first."

"EDWARD ELRIC. LEARN YOUR MANNERS. YOU'RE SO RUDE! YOU SHORT-"

"I'M TALLER THAN YOU NOW, HA!"

"SHUT UP!"

"AW POOR GIRL LOST THE ARGUMENT!"

"AL, WHY DON'T YOU TEACH YOUR BROTHER SOME MANNERS?"

"(Y/N), Ed, you both stop fighting! Ed, a week ago you never shut up about how you liked (Y/N)-"

"OI! SHUT UP, AL!" Edward was suddenly pulling Al and running away.

"Ah-"

♡ Later that day ♡

Ed was awkwardly fidgeting and throwing random glances at (Y/N).

"Brother, if you don't say it. I'll tell-"

"Shut up, Al! Let me think!"

"What is it, guys?" (Y/N) frowned.

"Brother, do it-"

"AL, SHUT UP!"

"DO IT, BROTHER!"

"Since I'm taller than you now, will you consider.... dating me now, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) choked on the water she was drinking, "WHAT?"

"AL, I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO FAIL-"

"I MEAN YES?" (Y/N) managed to get out.

"HUH, REALLY?"

(Y/N) began, "YOU'RE VERY RUDE AND IDIOTIC AND-"

Ed's eye twitched in anger, "(Y/N)!"

"AND, LAME, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU."

"WOW, I LOVE YOU TOO."

♡♡♡♡♡

A/N: The end. No, I don't feel like writing more, lolol. Hope you liked it.

PM me your requests, I'm bored.

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay amazing,
~Valdezzzing ❤