Chaol Westfall x Reader

Y/N: Your name
Y/F/N: Your first name
Y/L/N: Your last name

*Y/N's POV*
The Ball was being held tonight in the Castle. Two hours were left for it to start and you still hadn't decided whether you wanted to go or to stay in your room and read a book. The thing was you hadn't been asked to it yet and didn't like going alone. But your best friend was gonna be there and your little sister had been asked to go with a friend of Prince Dorian's. Your mom (being a great friend of the Queen's) was obviously going. This left you with no choice but to accompany them.

Sighing in defeat, you went to your wardrobe and grabbed a floor-length navy blue dress and a pair of silver heels. The dress was simple and decent. Silver lace adorned the dress near the top and bottom; and the skirts sparkled in the light. You hurried to the washroom, showered and got dressed up. You kept your makeup simple. Just a little mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. Your hair was up in a really nice updo. Looking in the mirror, you smiled at your reflection. 'Good job.' You hummed, happy with how you looked.
(A/N: I'm sorry. I don't know how to describe clothes and make up heuehue)

'Come on!' Your sister urged, pulling you outside your room. 'By the way, you look really nice.'
'Thank you. As do you!' You replied smiling at her.
The main hall had been decorated make it into a ballroom. The lights were bright, and golden and red banners and decorations hung on the walls. The Hall looked amazing. In the centre of the hall sat 4 thrones and atop them sat, The King, The Queen, Prince Dorian and his little brother, Prince Hollin. Near them stood, The Captain of the Guard, Chaol Westfall who hadn't left your head ever since you had met him last year. He looked at you and smiled. Your breathing got unsteady but you still managed to smile back.
Reaching the Royal family, you all curtsied.

*Chaol's POV:*
She had actually come, (Y/N). And she looked amazing. Oh Lord, why hadn't I asked her to come with me? Someone probably asked her. I had been staring at her for far too long and she probably is weirded out by me now. She had smiled at me. Maybe she likes me? Her smile.... so beautiful. She had gone to sit in that corner. Should I go talk to her?

'Go talk to her, Chaol!' Dorian whispered in my ear.

'H-how?' I whispered, nervous.

'I don't know! Just ask her for a dance or something!'

'Okay. But I need your help.'

'Gotcha on that one.' Dorian grinned at me and did a thumbs up.

I was going to dance with her tonight and nothing would stop me.

*Y/N's POV:*
Very soon, your little sister had gone off somewhere and your mom was busy talking with the Queen.

You were left alone.

Sulking, you went and sat down on a chair, in the far corner of the room. A thought crossed your mind, your best friend was supposed to be here too.

You looked around for her, almost giving up, when you saw a figure leaning over some food in the distance. It was her!

'Of course!' You grinned, your best friend would be where the food was. Getting up, you walked over to her and grinned. Her back was turned to you.

'Booo!' You whispered, and she dropped her tart and turned back to look at you.

'WHA- OH MY GOD. You're here!' She squealed, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

'Yeah, yeah. I'm here.' You replied.

'My tart, you dropped my tart!'

'Oops. Sorry about that.' You mock apologised.

'You look fantastic, and you know what that means?' She asked grinning from ear to ear. 'Did Chaol Westfall drool when he saw you? Were his eyes hearts-'