James McAvoy x Reader

Requested by kelly-hpx :)

(Y/N)'s POV:
You James and had been together for a year now and today was your One Year Anniversary. He had planned something special for you and had told you to get ready by 6.

There was still half an hour till 6, and you were completely ready.

You had worn a long red classy dress which admired your figure with a pair of red heels.
Your makeup was simple; just a bold red lip and mascara.

You sat in your living room, in front of the TV, anxiously waiting for James to come.

Time took ages to pass, but just 10 minutes before 6, your doorbell rang. You got up, checked your makeup one last time, making sure everything was perfect and opened the door.

There stood your lovely James. He looked very dashing in a black suit with a tie.

He grinned at you, checking out your clothes and handed you a bouquet of flowers.
"You look amazing, (Y/N)!" He whispered, pecking your cheek, his blue orbs filled with love.

"You look great too! And thanks for the flowers." You said, motioning him to come inside.

You went to put the flowers in water and you guys left for whatever surprise he had planned for you.

You both reached a fancy restaurant. James got out of the car, and ran to your side and opened your door like the true gentleman he was. You smiled at him fondly and he winked at you.

You guys had ordered your food. While waiting for it, James held your hand and gazed into your eyes affectionately.

You blushed, even after a year, he could make you melt and blush just by smiling at you.

He smirked at you, "Someone's blushing."

"James! Please." You whispered, blushing even more and smiling at him.

"You're so cute! I love you so much, you know that?"

"I love you more than that, James."

"I'm so lucky to have you. You make me the happiest man ever." He said, gazing at you intently.

Your heart was beating so fast. You felt immensely lucky to have someone as amazing and caring as James to call yours.

"I love you, James." You repeated, just so he could know how much he meant to you.

"I love you too." He grinned.

"I need to use the restroom, I'll be back in a few minutes, okay?" You told James, getting up from your seat.

"Sure, sweetheart." He smiled.

On the way back from the washroom, you encountered someone you hoped to never meet.

Your ex fiancé, Edward.

You tried to rush past him but you were out of luck. He saw you and started coming towards you.

"How have you been?" He asked, smiling.

That fake little-

"Very well, thank you." You replied, hoping to not have to talk to him too much.

Your lovely boyfriend and food were waiting for you. "Excuse me-"

"Always quick to leave, that's how you always were." He said, cutting you off and staring at you saldy.

"Yeah. It was nice to meet you, now please excuse me." You turned away but he grabbed your hand, pulling you back.

"Please listen to me. I wanted to apologise and-"