Harry Potter x Reader

Requested by: The_White_Bunny :)

Harry Potter was troubled. This was due to many reasons; Voldemort had returned and the Ministry didn't believe him, Umbridge was torturing everyone at Hogwarts and his terrible headaches had increased rapidly. Another problem to add to this bunch was (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N), who had just started going out with Draco Malfoy.

To say that Harry had strong feelings towards her wouldn't be wrong. Sure she was a (House Name) and had a bit of a temper, but Harry still fancied her quite a lot. And to think that she was going out with DRACO MALFOY! Harry wanted to take her away and make her his.

Harry Potter had never really experienced jealousy, probably because he had always felt like he didn't deserve anything. When Dudley Dursley used to be showered with expensive presents and love, Harry had realised that he could never have the same love. Was it because he didn't deserve it?

Ron, Hermione, Sirius, Remus, Hagrid, the Weasley's and all his friends had convinced him and made him realise that he too deserved the world.

So, when he saw (Y/N) holding hands with Malfoy, he felt an unknown and new feeling erupt in his body. A sharp sickening pain seared in his chest, clouding his thoughts and making his heart race. Involuntarily, he clenched his jaw and his hands balled into fists. Exhaling sharply, he realised with a jolt; he loved her.

'I am not jealous.' He muttered to himself and headed towards the Great Hall for breakfast.

Hermione seemed to notice the change in Harry's mood. He was unusually quiet, his face was red and he was a bit too sarcastic.
She followed his eyes to see what he was glaring at. Her suspicions were soon confirmed; her best friend fancied (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N).

"Say, Harry, is it (Y/N) that you're glaring at because you like Malfoy, or is it the other way around?" Hermione whispered to him, and immediately his eyes widened.

"I, um, w-what?" He stuttered out.

"So you like Malfoy?" Ron smirked.

"No, of course not!" Harry replied, his face red.

"Why are you glaring at them, then?" Hermione questioned.

"Because I hate Malfoy?" He replied, angrily.

"Because?" Hermione asked.

"Because he's a git. Why does she even like that git?"

-------

She had just started going out with Draco Malfoy, and they just didn't seem to click. Maybe it was due to the fact that they were in different houses, had extremely different personalities or it just wasn't a match?
Sure, Draco had the looks and was fun to hang out with, they just couldn't be together like that. She liked him as a friend and she was going to tell him.
She liked someone else.

She liked the Boy Who Lived.

After a really difficult conversation with Draco about just staying friends and her liking Harry, he actually understood. She pecked him on his cheek and decided to head out for a walk. She had to clear her thoughts.

To her joy/shock, she saw Harry Potter standing under a tree, his arms crossed and back turned towards her.
Should she go talk to him? Finally deciding to do something about her huge crush on the green-eyed boy, she decided to test her luck.

She walked towards him.
"Uh, Harry?"

"Oh, (Y/N)." Harry nodded.
Where was his kind smile?

"How are you?" She smiled at him, hoping to clear the tense atmosphere between them. Why had he been so cold these past few days?

"Spectacular."

"Oh, well I just wanted to ask you about how you were doing. Have a nice day, Harry." She gave him one last kind smile and walked away.

Uh... Why couldn't she say that she liked him? Why was she so scared?

*A few days later*
The news of (Y/N) and Malfoy not dating anymore had spread around Hogwarts like wild fire. And oddly enough, the news made Harry satisfied. (Y/N) deserved someone like himself, who'd keep her happy.

You gathered all your courage and walked to Harry. You both walked to an empty corridor and you turned to him.

"Harry."

"(Y/N)! How are-"

"I like you."

He stared at you for a whole second before his eyes widened. He blinked a few times.

"W-what?"

"I like you. I don't care if you like me back, but I just thought you should know."

"I like you too, (Y/N), a lot." Harry blushed a bit, looking away.

Now it was your turn to be flabbergasted. Were you really in your senses right now?

"Really?"

"Yes! When you were with Malfoy I wanted to snatch you and.. make you mine." His green eyes twinkled in the dimly lit corridor.

"Wow, Harry. I- I just think you're really brave and your personality is just amazing."

"Er, thank you." He blushed even more, "You're really pretty and I love how confident, bold and lovely you are. I love how you have strong opinions and just live your life the way you like to. Also, how you stayed my friend throughout no matter what."

You blushed deeply, and a big smile came over your face.

Leaning a bit upwards, you kissed him.

All was well.

---------------
A/N: Wowza, I rarely update. Ah, I'm sorry. I'm a lazy writer who's always procrastinating. My apologies.

Hope you liked it, though. :) Sorry I took so long!

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay perfect,
~Valdezzzing ❤