Draco Malfoy x Reader

Requested by: WhereTheFandomAt :)

"Hey." The platinum-blond greeted, plopping down under the tree next to you. This had been his usual spot since the previous three weeks.

"Hi." You greeted back, looking at him for a second.
A soft contented smile covered his visage and he seemed oddly amused.

Not bothering to ask him the reason for his good mood, you returned to reading your favourite book.

"A very pleasant day, isn't it?"

You looked up from your book, shocked that he'd even want to talk to you, "Yeah." You nodded, looking around.

Draco Malfoy, notorious for being rude, arrogant and selfish was oddly enough some good company for you.

A soft wind blew, and you wrapped your (House Name) robe around yourself tighter.

What was up with him today? He was unusually chatty today.
It was usually a quiet and peaceful atmosphere between the two of you. You'd read a book and he'd stare into the distance, occasionally asking you about the book you'd be reading.
He'd ask you about your life, and you'd both sometimes discuss some conspiracy theories. He was actually fun to talk to. You both could be considered friends of sorts, because he came and sat under the tree with you every evening. It was nice to have a friend like him, for a change, to talk to about randomness.

"Hey (L/N), can I ask you a question?"

"Malfoy, what's got you talking so much today? I want to read my-"

"Please?"

That got you shocked. Malfoy saying please? Woah. Wow. Had you even heard him right?

"Don't look so shocked, (L/N). I have manners. I'm going to ask you anyway."

"Since you asked so nicely, Malfoy, go on."

"Why don't you hate me?"

You raised your eyebrows at him.

"Let me rephrase that. Everyone in (y)our house hates me, so do you?"

"No. I have no reason to. You're fun to talk to, and you haven't really done anything to make me hate you, so nope." You replied, wondering why he'd ask you a question like that.

"How considerate of you." He flashed you his famous Malfoy smirk.

"I know." You replied smugly.

"So do you think I'm dangerous? Are you afraid of me?"

"Good God, Malfoy! Where are you getting these questions from? No and no. You're about as scary and dangerous as a squirrel."

"I mean I'm just curious. You talk to me so calmly and you're friendly. You treat me like a normal person, you know? That kind of compatibility, here in Hogwarts is pretty rare."

You nodded, understanding what he was trying to say. "I get that. Don't get me wrong, you're a cool person to talk with and everything, but you do have an image problem."

He seemed to be deep in thought, "Potter and his friends hate me, and so does his house. Probably how all the houses have an unfair bias against us, Slytherins."

"Yeah (us/you) Slytherins are judged a lot."

"So why don't you have a prejudice against me?"

"Like I said earlier, I have no reason to, to be honest. You're not that bad of a person. And wow, I'm actually saying this, you're good company."

He looked at you, shocked and was that pink on his cheeks? What-

"Um, uh, you're fun to be around as well, (Y/N)." Draco mumbled, looking down.

Did he just call you by your first name? Wow. Who knew the Almighty Draco Malfoy could be shy?

"Aw. Thanks, Malfoy."

He just smiled at the ground sheepishly, "You're welcome."

You gave him a smile, and returned to your book, your heart warm. You liked this Draco; the one who'd have real discussions with you and who you could share your thoughts and experiences with.

Draco Malfoy was everything but what they made him out to be.
You liked the real Draco. You just wouldn't tell him that.

"You know I can only have real eye to eye discussions with you, (Y/N). And that's really nice. So thank you."

Your face turned a light pink, and you turned to him, happy he said that.

"You're welcome, Draco."

"I'm glad we're on a first name basis now." He smirked.

"You initiated it. But yeah, thanks for being my friend as well." You gave him a big smile, genuinely happy to be his friend.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot to give you this." He took out a packed packet from his bag. He gave it to you.

You raised your eyebrows, "What's this, Draco?"

He gave you a big smile. He had such a beautiful and contagious smile. It was such a pity that he rarely ever smiled properly. "It's for you."

"M-me?" You asked, stuttering. Your face was probably as red as a tomato and your heart was beating rapidly.

He nodded, "Open it."

"B-but you didn't have to-"

"Open it (L/N)!" He chuckled, putting his hands on your shoulders, shaking you.

Shakily, you nodded and gently unwrapped the beautifully wrapped gift.

What you saw in there made you squeal, jump, yelp and fangirl, all at the same time.

The final installment of your favourite book series was in your hands! It had only been released 2 days ago and you desperately needed it! You had mentioned it to Draco and he had gotten you that?
Your heart melted into a puddle of emotions and you couldn't breathe. Draco Malfoy was so-

"You talked about it with so much passion and I just had to get you this. Father seemed very shocked that I'd want a Muggle book but he agreed nonetheless and I really wanted to see you smile that big and I hope you like it." He gave you a smile.

You wrapped your arms around him very tightly. "You have no idea how happy I am, Draco. Thank you so much. I really don't know what to say and I just wow."

"You don't have to. I'm just glad you like it. All I wanted was to see that smile on your face." He smiled, pushing away stray locks from your face.

A huge blush covered your cheeks, "T-thank you so much, Draco." You gently kissed his cheek, "You're great."

It was his turn to turn to pink. "You're so much more than great, (Y/N)."

You smiled, your heart expanding. You leaned in kissed him on the lips.
He smiled into the kiss and kissed you back.

"You make me swoon, Malfoy." You giggled.

"And you make me happy, (L/N)."

"Awww."
---------------------------------
A/N: I loved writing this. :)
Hope you liked it as well.

Thank you so much for the 5K! *cries* ily all so much ❤

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay amazing,
~Valdezzzing ❤