Chaol Westfall x Reader

Requested by: Tinkerbell9595 :)

-This is set after Crown of Midnight, when Celeana leaves Chaol-

You had just been selected to work alongside the Captain of the Guard, Chaol Westfall, as Dorian Havilliard's guard. Things in Adarlan were getting out of hand, and Dorian required extra security.

You were the best in Adarlan in martial arts, hand-to-hand combat, archery and knife throwing. So, it was natural that you'd get selected.

"Mr Westfall? Hello. I am (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)." You smiled, putting your hand forward to shake.

The brown-haired man gave you a blank expression and shook your hand, "Chaol Westfall."

"Hey. Can you give me a round around the Castle so I can know what is where?" You asked, hoping he'd agree.

He gave you a shocked expression and then shook his head, "I'm sure Dorian would love to."

And with that, he started speed-walking away.

Oh no. You were too forward. Chaol was too reserved and it would be hard to keep a conversation going with him. You had to stop being so over friendly!

You jogged after him to keep up.
He led you to Dorian's Quarters.
They were pretty grand and comfy.
There sat the Crown Prince, his head engrossed in a book.

Chaol cleared his throat, making Dorian jump and drop his book.

"Oh Chaol!" Dorian grinned, "You have to stop scaring me!"

Chaol just shook his head and Dorian turned to you. "Who is this pretty young lady?"

You curtsied, and grinned. "Your Majesty! It's a pleasure. I'm (Y/N) (L/N) and I'm your second guard."

Dorian's face lit up and he chuckled, "What do I need a second guard for?"

"Dorian. We had this talk." Chaol replied.

"Oh yeah. I forgot, pardon me." He walked over to you, "Miss (L/N), it's a pleasure. I'm Dorian Havilliard." And he kissed your hand.

You yelped out in surprise and were too shocked to even move. Your face heated up and Dorian chuckled.

"Let's go, (Y/N). We have work to do." Chaol's voice pulled you out of shock and you nodded your head.

"Sir." You curtsied, smiling at Dorian.

You followed Chaol as he took you to the training room.

"You're giving me the round?"

"This isn't a round. I'm taking you to the training room to check your skills."

Your bubble burst as he said those words.

* 2 months later*

Chaol had started opening up to you now and he was a nice person to be around. It didn't hurt a bit that he was good-looking as well. You had obviously grown a crush on the man with chocolate-brown eyes.

It was 5 am right now and you were currenly jogging with him in the gardens. The weather was very pleasant. A soft March breeze blew, bringing with it the scent of freshly bloomed flowers and wet grass. The sun was slowly making way into the sky, and a soft pink glow illuminated your surroundings. The tree leaves swayed with the wind, and the sound of your rhythmic footsteps echoed around you.

"Hey Chaol. Can I ask you a personal question?" You asked, stopping for a water break.

"Go on." He replied, his expression almost happy.

You had started to observe that his cold brown eyes were warm and soft towards you now. This made you happy.

"So who was Celeana?"

A hard expression came on his face, and his eyes turned cold. You could almost see a sad aura around him.

"Please tell me, Chaol." You mumbled, putting your hand on his shoulder.

He looked away for a bit, and turned to you, "She was the second girl who I fell in love with and the second who broke my heart."

"Oh." You whispered, feeling guilty. "I-I am sorry."

"Don't be." He said, bitterly.

"Do you still love her?"

"Probably."

"Oh." You looked away, your chest constricting tightly.

Slowly, you lifted your hand off his shoulder, regretting asking him.
He still loved her.
Still.
You could never stand a chance with him. 'Damn you, Sardothien, for stealing away my chance with Chaol Westfall.' You bitterly thought.

"I'm in bad luck again." Chaol whispered.

"Huh?" You asked, confused.

"Another girl I like doesn't like me back."

"Oh. I'm sorry. It's her loss, after all." You muttered, gulping down all your water.

You signalled for him to come along as you began to jog to again.
Maybe jogging would stop the heartache.

Chaol's hand wrapped around your wrist, pulling you back.
"Yeah?" You asked, bitterly.

"Won't you ask for her name?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Nope. I'm not really interested in knowing who your girl is."

"Oh well." He looked away sadly, "My suspicions are confirmed."

You stared at him in confusion.

"You don't like me back." He began to jog, and you stayed frozen there.

Had you heard him right? He liked you? Y-you? He thought you liked someone else? W-what?

You came back to your senses and ran after him.

"There's a boy I happen to like who said he liked me back a minute ago. Do you think he meant it?" You panted, and he immediately stopped.

"I'm sure he meant it." Chaol replied, a ghost of a smile on his face.

"Oh well tell him I like him too."

"Will do."

You began to laugh out loud, "I only like you, Chaol."

"Figured that out."

"By the way, your deduction skills aren't that great."

"Hey!"

You raised your hands up in surrender and hugged him.

He pulled back a little bit, and pecked you on the lips. "Would it be too soon to say that I love you?"

"Not really. Because, I love you too, Mr Westfall."

----------------------

A/N: I hope you liked it :)

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay gorgeous,
~Valdezzzing ❤