Dorian Havilliard x Reader

Dorian Havilliard, the Crown Prince was your friend. Your father was an advisor of the King, but he had died many years ago. You and your sister lived in the Castle. You had known Dorian since you were ten. It was pretty astonishing but he was actually a very good friend. You had expected him to be stuck up, arrogant and over confident, but he was the complete opposite. He was friendly, funny, down to earth and charming. And, good looking! Oh don't even get me started on that one. Dorian Havilliard was a man blessed with beauty: his sapphire blue eyes, jet black hair. No wonder, every girl drooled over him.

You were currently sick, sitting in your room, reading a book. Your head was hurting, and your nose was closed, your eyes were puffy and you were running with a fever. All in all, it pretty much sucked. You were bored, tired and done with everything. You felt cranky and angry. Maybe it was the medicines kicking in, or maybe it was the fever getting to your head.

"(Y/N)!" Your sister grinned at you, "Guess what?"

"Huh?" You raised your eyebrows.

"Your 'best friend', Dorian is coming to visit you tomorrow." She replied, emphasising on best friend and Dorian.

You just rolled your eyes in annoyance. Yeah right. You had been sick for 2 days now and he couldn't even visit you once!

"He's a very busy guy, (Y/N). He's the Crown Prince, he can't just spend his whole day here. He can't waste time." Your sister told you, as if reading your mind.

"Oh yeah? Spending time with me means wasting time, right?" You huffed out angrily, "Well I don't need his time, anyway. Fake friend."

"(Y/N), don't get your hopes too high. I know that you like him, but it's not happening. He's the Crown Prince!" She shook her head.

"Can you not? I never said that I liked him. And please, I'm done with the 'Crown Prince' this, 'Crown Prince' that." You glared at her, annoyed.

"Whatever. You're very moody today. Thank god he's not coming today. You'd probably make him hate you."

"WHAT?"

"Just kidding. But what are you getting so worked up on, huh? See, I knew that you like him." She gave you a pointed look, "But, I still ship it." She winked, whispering.

You just stared at her in shock. You couldn't speak.

"Rest now, (nickname)."

With that, she left you.

You sighed angrily, gently closing the book and taking huge gulps of air through your blocked nose. You were furious. Your sister had to just! You did not like Dorian in that way. He was a very good friend, and that was it. You weren't dumb enough to keep your hopes as high. But that little voice in your head said,

"Why are you missing him then?"

"Why are you angry at him for not visiting you?"

"Why do you expect so much?"

"Why do you want him to give time to you?"

"Why does he make you happy?"

And soon the little voice became bigger and bigger till that was all you could hear. "Why does he make you happy?" You couldn't love him. It wasn't possible. He would never want you that way. He was the Crown Prince! You laughed at yourself for sounding like your sister.
You sighed, your head throbbing with fever, and your thoughts. Your thoughts were killing you. You closed your eyes, sitting against the bed.

You felt the bed dip, and someone sit on the corner of the bed.

You opened your eyes to see none other than Dorian Havilliard.
He smiled at you gently.