Rin Matsuoka x Reader

Requested by: GoldenNutmeg :)

F/N: Friend's Name

Y/N: Yukio or Rin?
F/N:Yukio! Who do you love?
Y/N: I love both!
F/N: Pick one, (Nickname).
Y/N: Rin - his eyes omg
F/N: The perfect shade of blue. I cri.
Y/N: AND HIS BLUE/BLACK HAIR! ;-;

You were too busy chatting with your friend to notice a certain maroon-eyed swimmer, behind the sofa, reading the messages you and your friend were exchanging.

He didn't mean to spy on you but when he caught his name being used, curiosity got the better of him.

And, here, you were talking about a Rin with blue eyes and blue/black hair?!

Rin could feel his heart falling and his palms getting sweaty. Was this some sort of cruel joke on him by fate? He shook his head sadly and got up from behind the sofa.

"(Y/N)," he cleared his throat, forcing a smile, "Death Note or Fullmetal Alchemist?"

"Whatever you want to watch, Rin," you threw him a lazy smile, "(F/N) is calling me. Give me five minutes?"

He nodded, "Sure."

"Thank you," you smiled at him.

The smile made his heart flutter, and a small tint of pink appear on his cheeks.

Rin went to grab popcorn and drinks from your kitchen when he heard you squeal, frozen with shock, he turned around to see you in your fangirl mode; hands fanned your face as you squealed into the phone.

"(F/N)! YOU FINALLY DID IT! HE'S SO CUTE RIGHT? WHAT ABOUT THE END?"

"OH MY I KNOW RIGHT? BUT THE BLUE-EYED CUTIE IS MINE!"

"AHHH SHEESH I KNOW."

"I KNOOW!"

"TAKE YUKIO! HIS BROTHER IS MINE OKAY?!"

"NOPE NO SHARING. HE'S MINE. I LOVE HIS BLUE EYES!"

"AH OKAY BYE!"

Rin walked over to you to see your whole face red and to see you making random hand motions. He was angry, confused and hurt.

"Rin, he's so cute I can't even!"

"Huh?"

"HIS EYES ARE SO BLUE I WANT TO DIE!"

What should a boy do when the girl he likes is ranting to him about another boy? Confront her, right?
But we're talking about the hot-headed Rin Matsuoka here; and a very jealous one at that.

So what happens?

This.

An angry rant.

"STOP TALKING ABOUT SOME RANDOM DUDE TO ME! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, (Y/N)? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WATCH A MOVIE!"

"BUT SHARKIE! HE'S SO CUTE I CAN'T EVEN!"

"(Y/N), YOU BETTER STOP! THIS IS PISSING ME OFF!" Rin's whole face was red, and his eyes unexpectedly turned damp.
Damn you, tears and emotions!

"WHY?"

"I DON'T LIKE HEARING YOU TALK ABOUT OTHER BOYS WITH SO MUCH LOVE. IT MAKES MY HEAD HURT AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH THEM!"

Rin saw you visibly turn pink, from the neck to the ears, "W-why?"

"BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO LOVE ME! WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I LOVE YOU?"

To Rin's utter shock and disappointment, you began to laugh hysterically.

Eyes wide, mouth agape, he stared at you. Never in his whole life had he felt so vulnerable. He had confessed to you and you were laughing!
That blue-eyed Rin had defeated him.

"Matsuoka, come here."

"No," Rin mumbled, looking down.

"Aw, come here, you big baby!"

"No," he knew he was acting stubborn but he was hurt.

You forcefully wrapped your arms around him, and spoke into his chest, "You're super cute. I love your hair and eyes. I love your voice too, omg."

Rin blushed and you could feel him stiffen, "I love your muscles, I SOB! THEY'RE DIVINE!"

Rin pulled away, his face dark red, "(Y/N)! STOP-"

"I love you, Rin."

He stared at you, eyes wide and face shocked, "What?"

"You heard me."

"Who's the Rin with blue eyes?"

"Aw. You were jealous?"

"WHO IS HE?"

"Come here, I'll show you," you grabbed your phone, hiding a smirk, and showed him a picture of Rin Okumura from your phone.

"That's an anime character?"

"Yup, Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist."

"So I don't have any competition?"

You grinned at him and wrapped your arms around him, "Fictional characters can be sufficient competition, Sharkie."

A wink was thrown his way and he realised how deep in trouble he was.

Rin Matsuoka getting worked up because the girl he liked liked a fictional character? Wow.

-------------

A/N: I hope you liked it!

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay beautiful,
~Valdezzzing ❤