Luke Castellan x Reader

Requested by: sevenhorcruxes :)

-Contains spoilers for The Last Olympian, beware!-

In this oneshot, the reader is a year younger than Luke and she came to CHB a few months after him.

(GP/N) - godly parent's name

It was time for breakfast around camp, and (Y/N) sat at the (GP/N) table, staring at the new boy and girl who had come to camp. The girl looked no older than seven, while the boy looked around her age. They both looked utterly mortified, and had looks of horror and despair on their faces. She wondered what had happened to them.

She sighed, mustering up courage to give them a round around camp, just as Chiron had asked her to. The boy was rather good looking, and she found herself feeling shy. She reached them and cleared her throat.

"Luke and Annabeth, right? Hello!" (Y/N) smiled.

"You're (Y/N). We already had an introduction, remember?" The boy - Luke - mumbled, giving her a very small smile.

(Y/N) sheepishly looked down, "Yeah, sorry. Annabeth?" The little girl looked up, frowning. "This is for you," (Y/N) passed her a lollipop, ruffling her hair.

Annabeth grinned, her face lighting up, "Thank you!"

Luke also flashed (Y/N) a grateful smile, "Thanks. Annabeth was really distressed."

The (h/c)-haired girl shook her head dismissively, "Don't worry about it. Let's go, now. I'll give you a guys a round of CHB."

Annabeth immediately grew a liking to (Y/N), and held her hand as they walked. A small smile appeared on (Y/N)'s lips as the little girl linked their hands together.

That was the first day (Y/N) had met two of the people closest to her for the very first time.

•••••

She soon found out about Luke and Annabeth's friend, Thalia and her fate. It was really sad. She was very selfless and heroic of to give up her life to save her two friends.

(Y/N) discerned that Luke might have actually had feelings for Thalia, and it hurt her a lot to see him lose someone he loved so much. A tiny part of her yearned for Luke to love her like that as well. But it was a silly dream.

Slowly and slowly, Luke opened up to her about his hatred towards Olympus - he wanted to tear it down, brick by brick. Luke felt strong resentment towards his father, Hermes, and couldn't wait to see Olympus perish. This side of Luke terrified her.

Luke was a very kind, caring, humorous and charming boy. (Y/N) found herself falling more and more e everyday for the charms of Luke Castellan and it was scary.

She found herself so helplessly in love with the blond boy that she found it impossible for her to notify Chiron and Mr D about his plans. Luke was smugly aware of this and hence, trusted (Y/N) with every single dark thought of his.

•••

The three Sisters of Fate were terrible.

(Y/N) realised this when she found out that the boy of her dreams would become a vessel for Kronos and betray Camp. Again, she found herself stuck between her loyalty to CHB or her love for Luke.

It was a fine, sunny day. They both sat under Thalia's pine tree - a common getaway from everyone at CHB, it offered isolation and secrecy, Luke could share his dark secrets with her here.