Cadet!Armin x Corporal!Reader

"Eh, you love someone, don't youuu?" Hange smirked. "Who is it?"

You sighed, tired of her never-ending questions, "Hange-"

"Oh my God. Tell me who it is! It isn't our Corporal Shorty, is it?"

You snorted, "Him? No way! Why would I like someone so short?" (The irony here, though, damn.)

Levi suddenly decided to make an appearance that very instant. "(L/N), for your information, I have no interest in you too, you're too bratty, tch."  (*silently sobs* Ouch, Heichou~)

"Levi, who do you think our lovely (Y/N) has grown to love?" Hange asked the short man, a mischievous look evident in her eyes.

"The brat is in love?" A rare smirk appeared on his usually stoic face. "Finally opening up, huh?"

"I'm not in love and I don't want to talk about it."

"If you don't tell me, I'll ask your sister!" Hange winked.

"Don't you dare ask Sasha, Hange!"

"She knows?"

You had had enough. Before anything slipped out from your mouth, you decided to leave your friends (if Levi could even be called a friend) and get some fresh air and collect your thoughts.

  ♡  Time Skip brought to you by Jumin Han and Elizabeth The 3rd. ♡ 

The sun was bright, the air was fresh. You would have enjoyed this rare free day by reading a book and sitting alone - enjoying the tranquility and peace which the world offered once a blue moon - had it not been for your thoughts. The tree provided enough shade and the grass was comfortably cool. Why couldn't you just concentrate on reading the book in your hand?

The thoughts resumed;  could a Cadet and a Corporal date? Was it appropriate to like someone who was a rank junior than you? How was one supposed to find out if someone liked them too? How did love work? Were you in love? Was it a good idea to pursue those feelings when either of you could die any day? Would he like you back? Would people judge-

A soft voice saved you from your thoughts, "Corporal (Y/N)?"

You looked up to see the adorable face of Armin Arlert. He held a cookie in one hand and a book in the other. On rare free days,  you and Armin would sit here and read. It would usually be a comfortable silence but you both would talk often too.

Unintentionally, a smile appeared on your face, "Armin, I've told you to call me just (Y/N) so many times, haven't I?"

An embarrassed smile appeared on his face and his cheeks grew red, "S-sorry, (Y/N)." 

He sat down next to you, and handed you a cookie. He was blushing like crazy, fidgeting with the cover of the book in his hand, "You told me you like cookies. Someone gave this to me and I thought about you."

You felt yourself fall even deeper in the deep abyss of feelings for Armin Arlert. Why did he have to be so effortlessly cute? He was messing up your ability to think, breathe, sleep and even talk. How could such an innocent little human being make you change so drastically? No wonder Levi was shocked. How could the badass, unyielding, secretive and calm (Y/N) be turned into a mere puddle of emotions just by that smile of his? 

A blush appeared on your face and you grinned, "You remembered? Thank you, Armin!"

"How could I ever forget.."

"What are you reading today, Armin?"

A big smile covered his face as a bright look came in his eyes, "I bought the first part of your favourite book series!"

You grinned at him, "Really?"

"Yeah! I'm really liking it. Your choice in books is so amazing, (Y/N)!"

You blushed again, "Thank you."

And so, like the true booknerds you were, you both began to talk about your favourite book series.

You both sat there, read and talked for hours. The sun was setting now, and the last rays of sunlight had made the horizon a deep peach colour. It was truly breathtaking, the scene - you, Armin and the setting sun. You tried your best to imprint the scene in your memory. 

"There you are!" Hange suddenly appeared in front of you.

You frowned, angry at the fact that she was ruining the nice moment you were having.

"Sasha is such an angel! She told me where to find you. It took me so long to find you but, it is definitely worth it. I have found the answer to the biggest mystery-"

"Hange, what do you want?"

"No need to get angry. I just wanted to tell you something."

You glared at her, "What?"

She leaned down and whispered, no, actually shouted, "The sunset is a very romantic setting for two obvious love birds to kiss!"

Before you could slap her, she ran away. Literally, ran away. I guess she knew she was doomed.

Your eyes were wide and your cheeks were burning. You couldn't bear to look at the boy next to you.

Armin visibly froze next to you and in those next few seconds you imagined 1000 different scenarios where you killed Hange and Sasha using different painful techniques. How dare she ruin your friendship with Armin? Of course, he never liked you like that and now-

"(Y-Y/N)?" Armin called out, his voice shaky.

You didn't trust yourself to form proper words so you just nodded, looking straight ahead. 

"D-do you like me?"

You gulped, trying to swallow the bubble in your throat.  You mumbled under your breath, "I'm not a coward."

"I know you aren't! You're like the bravest person I know-"

"I'm not a coward, so I will tell you. I love you Armin Arlert. A lot. As much as I love to read."

He blushed and held his face in his hands, "I'm so happy. I'm so happy! I love you too, (Y/N)! You're like the only person I can completely be myself with."

"That makes me happy."

You both looked at each other and smiled. It was truly a beautiful feeling.

You gently leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to cheek, forgetting about all the doubts  you had and troubles you imagined. 

His cheek was warm and you both were blushing like crazy.

That night you both walked to the dinner hall, hands intertwined and big smiles on your faces.

----------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you liked it, I tried my best, hehe. I'm so sorry for publishing it so late. You see, Wattpad deleted this twice and I was really angry because I had to write this thrice. :(

Anyway, thank you so much, dear readers for almost 4K votes! I'm so grateful to you all. It honestly means the world. :")

Vote, comment, fan, request and stay lit,

~Valdezzzing ❤