Human!Rigby x Reader (Modern AU)

Requested by: KitteeCats :)

You grabbed your purse and controller and headed to Rigby and Mordecai's shared apartment. They were having their weekly video game marathon.  You, the Video Game Champion of the previous 3 years were obviously invited.

You knocked once, and the door immediately flew open. Mordecai gave you a friendly hug.
"(Y/N)!" He exclaimed, "RIGBY, SHE'S HERE!"

"Who?" The cute voice of Rigby questioned.

"Oooh, your special lady friend-"

"SHUT UP!" A fuming Rigby appeared, his face red and his eyes narrowed.
His wavy brown hair all over the place, and his brown eyes as beautiful as you last remembered. Why did you find him so adorable?

He, then, turned to you, his features immediately softening, "Hello."

You flashed him a smirk, "Special lady friend, huh? It seems to me that you have quite the variety of them."

His cheeks turned even more red, "Haha. Maybe? H-hey, w-why don't we grab some snacks to eat?"

You were obviously dissatisfied with his answer. Did he really have a lot of female friends? Was yours and his friendship not special? Could this mean that he would never return your feelings? 'Lol, shut up brain.' You thought.

You closed your eyes, trying to ignore the feelings of sadness bubbling inside of you. He was just a friend.

"Hey, are you okay?" Rigby asked, his brown eyes burning into yours.

You nodded, managing to give him a smile.

He didn't seem to buy your lie, but didn't pester you further. Wrapping an arm around your shoulders, he took you to the living room.

Gently, he sat you down on the sofa, "I'll be right back."

He returned with a (drink of choice) and some chocolate. "Eat, you'll feel better."

You smiled at him gratefully, "Thank you. But, I'm not hungry."

"Hey! I said eat, and you will eat, or I will feed you." He scolded you.

That was what you liked the most about him; his cute temper and the way he showed people he cared about them.

"Fine. I'll eat."

"Hurry up, (Y/N)! We have to play (Favourite game)!" Mordecai interrupted.

You nodded and ate your chocolate. Finishing your drink, you grabbed your controller, "Let's do this!"

After an intense match of (Favourite game) for an hour, you all took a food break.

The process repeated for another four hours. It was dark outside now and you had to go home.

"We'll be right back." Mordecai smiled, grabbing Rigby and taking him to the kitchen. You obviously knew something was up. What was something so secret? Five minutes had passed. And the shrill but adorable voice of Rigby was heard from the kitchen.

"MORDECAI I DON'T KNOW!"

"WELL I KNOW AND IT'S TIME YOU MAKE YOUR MOVE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!"

"WHAT IF THEY DON'T FEEL THE SAME?"

"Well.... I don't know? I'm sure she likes you back!"

"WHAT IF-?"

"Stop shouting."

And that was all you heard from the conversation. You raised your eyebrows, was it yourself that they were talking about? Probably not. Because you were right here and could hear them.

In another five minutes, both of them came back. Mordecai had an apologetic look on his face while Rigby looked.. lost?

"I'm going back, guys. Thanks a bunch. It was so much fun."

"Aw, no worries, (Y/N). See you later." Mordecai hugged you, throwing backward glances at Rigby.

What was happening?

"Hey, I was wondering if you were free on Sunday?" Mordecai asked.

"Yeah, I am?" You answered.

"Well, you see, I know this fancy restaurant and I was wondering-"

"SHUT UP GODDAMN IT." Rigby screamed, "(Y/N) SAY NO!"

You looked between the two of them confused, "What?"

"MORDECAI I WILL KILL YOU. THIS IS AGAINST OUR FRIENDSHIP AND-"

"IT ISN'T?"

"IT IS."

"NO."

"YES."

"NO."

"GUYS OMG HAVE YOU LOOKED AT SEBASTIAN STAN'S FACE?!"

They both turned to you, their faces red and blank.

"Okay, I'm going. Byeeee!" You laughed awkwardly and left for the door.

"THE DATE I ASKED YOU OUT ON WAS FOR YOU AND THIS IDIOT. SAY YES." Mordecai yelled.

"WHAT?" You and Rigby shouted at the same time.

Mordecai just shrugged.

You went up to Mordecai and kissed his cheek, "Thanks, buddy."

Rigby was fuming and looked way too angry. "Goodbye, Little Grandma." You gently kissed him, and ran outside. "See you on Sunday."

------------------
A/N: I'm so sorry for taking an eon to upload this! I hope you liked it. :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH MY DEAR READERS FOR THE 12K. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME AND ILYSM.

Vote, comment, fan, request and smile because you're beautiful,
~Valdezzzing ❤