***

It doesn't take long for Tyler and you to run into each other. You see him again at the end of the week as he is there to fetch his sister, this time not with his dad. He smiles at you as you walk up the stairs to the reception area.

"It's nice to see you again", he says as he signs at the same time. You smile at his hands. He blushes and looks down.

"Sorry, force of habit", he says and you shake your head.

"Don't apologize", you smile up at him.

"My sister thinks you're very sweet", he tells you.

"Really?", you smile.

"Yeah. That's her favorite scarf", he grins.

"I'm still a bit rusty when it comes to sign language", you admit, blushing as you look down. He steps closer to you.

"My sister really appreciates anyone who makes an effort to talk to her.. so do I. Most people just stare at her and make her feel like she's stupid", he tells you.

"That's the world we live in. Anyone who is different from us is judged", you sigh.

Tyler smiles softly at you. "Would you like to go out for ice cream with me and my sister?", he asks and you look up at him.

"Yeah I would love that", you say and he grins at you.

"Let me just check with my mom that it's all okay. I might have to meet you there because we only have one car..", you explain.

"I can drive you and take you home", he offers.

"Are you sure?", you ask and he nods.

"Okay perfect! Let me just go tell my mom the plan and I'll meet you back here?", you say.

"You'll find me here", he smiles as you walk into the office to look for your mom.

You explain everything to her and she allows you to go.

When you come back out you see Tyler with his sister, signing away. You suddenly have a overwhelming fear that you won't be able to communicate well enough with her. You're a bit slow with signing so hopefully they will take it easy on you.

As you make your way to them, Maya looks over at you and smiles widely. She waves enthusiastically at you and you return the gesture.

Hi Maya. I love your jersey. You compliment her. You speak while you sign just in case you sign something incorrectly. Tyler smiles at you from the side.

Maya signs back to you, taking her time with the gestures so that you can keep up.

I'm so glad you're coming with us. Tyler and I do this almost every week.

You smile as you realize you've been invited to share a special part of their relationship.

The car ride is silent for the most part, obviously because you can't sign while you drive.. or sit at the back of the car not looking at Maya.