Neighbours

She yanked at the back of her school dress, making sure she looked presentable from every angle. Her walk home from school was quick but, it wasn't uncommon for her to see a lot of strangers with plenty of judgmental stares. A few houses down from her final destination - her house - stood a young-looking guy. From far away, even with her glasses on, she couldn't see much, but... He still looked pretty attractive. Her day always became a little brighter when an attractive guy came into it. Her mind went crazy, hoping that maybe this was one of the new neighbours who just bought the house beside hers. She adjusted her bag and swept her hair out of her face... just in time to elbow a lady in the ribs. How does that even work? She wasn't old, but she was well over her mid-twenties, at least. "I'm so sorry, really sorry!" Her eyes dropped to her shoes, of course she'd make a fool of herself in front of an attractive guy. Her cheeks flamed a bright red and the lady simply smiled. "It's all good, love." I began to continue along to my house, before she called for me. "Do you live along here?" She had a tinge of an accent, but it was nothing massive. "Just this house," I pointed awkwardly. Her face lit up. She put her hand on my back and guided my over to the attractive boy I was ogling before. "Meet my boy," her smile could have never been brighter. "We've just come from overseas and he knows no one... I'm sure you two would get along... I think he's going to your school too!" She kept rambling and both teenagers kept their eyes to the floor, accept the sneaky glances they slipped at each other.