Limp Bodies and Bathroom Floors

Her slim fingers slowly wrapped around the door's brass knob. She held her breath in anticipation and cringed as a strong stench burnt the hairs in her nostrils. She shut her eyes; too weak to view the scene that had unfolded before her. She didn't let go of the door knob; it was almost her support, but a bit more than a physical support. The taste began to tingle on her tongue; forcing her taste the horrid metallic-blood taste. She pulled her woolen sweater over her nose and mouth but the smell and taste still lingered a little too much for her liking. Her eyes shot open and immediately darted to the limp body that lay strewn across the tiled floor. She resisted the urge to gag and fell to her knees beside the barely-breathing body. The sight was too much for her but she placed her ear to their mouth and prayed to hear or feel the slightest hint of a breath. She fingers shook as she pulled back... even if she did feel a breath... she skipped that resuscitation class. She'd watched enough movies, but were they really accurate? They stock still body was pouring blood from their limbs; it was an obvious suicide. She couldn't revive them if they didn't want to be revived, right?