Performance

Expensive jewelry hung from the ladies slim wrists and necks; their makeup shining under the dimming lights. The curtain was closed, revealing only a slight portion of the overly-large stage. The overture was beginning to get on some audience members nerves, as it seemed to relax some others - into the true atmosphere of the night. With a sudden clap, the curtains went hurdling upwards - only to reveal an empty stage. A sigh escaped an impatient, high-class looking man as he flipped out his costly phone; checking the time. "It was meant to start two whole minutes ago," he hissed in disgust to the fancy-dressed lady beside him. Apparently things should never run a whole 2 minutes late - that would be completely blasphemous. A well-defined, evil looking, smile swept its way onto the mans mouth, "I'll leave!" It seemed like he had just thought of the most brilliant idea. He fake coughed and motioned for the lady beside him to move, leaving enough space for his precious presence to slide past, and out of the performance hall. His face contorted in such distaste as he failed to open the locked door of the theatre - it could've scared away a village of people. Growling profanities to himself, he slumped back into his allocated seat, whispering away to the lady beside him once again; angrily typing away on his phone simultaneously. An elegant orchestra piece began to boom from speakers located throughout the theatre and everyone's faces whipped to the stage - quiet surrounded the audience in no time. A spotlight hit the centre of the stage and it was clearly the most focused on spot in the hall. A shadow was somewhat visible, as it seemed to head towards the spotlight, but the spotlight kept bouncing away from the figure - like a game of tag. A groan, not from impatience, erupted from many of the audience members, as each persons head lulled to the side of their upright postures; some even fell forward, hitting the chair in front of them. A scream erupted from many of the posh ladies, only to be cut off, as their blood, their life, dripped away, onto the upper-class carpet that covered the theatre's floor. A foot appeared in the spotlight as the last person was taken from the live world.