8 months later

"Ready, Cheyenne? First verse and chorus, okay? We'll work on the bridge later" I could hear Corey through my headphones.

"Ready!" I said, while giving a thumbs-up to Corey, Ellen, and Greyson who were on the other side of the glass. 

Can you guess where we were? In the studio! That's right, I was making an album!  Our tour ended, and  then Corey and I spent two months in his office sitting on beanbag chairs, writing songs. Meanwhile, my mom decided to move to L.A. Ari decided to go to college here, too. I've been getting along great with Ari, she's heck of a lot nicer now. Every Friday night, we would all hang out at the Simpson's, playing video games, watching movies, and making YouTube videos. Everything was going perfectly. I still missed Morgan more than anything, but I knew that she was watching me from Heaven and that she was proud of me. There was one thing missing, though. My dad. I haven't seen him since the day before Morgan's funeral. That was eight whole months ago. But, whatever. I'm sure he'll be able to explain everything when he's ready.

The music started playing in my headphones, and then I started singing the song I wrote called "Endless Summer".

"I'm ready to give up

I'm ready to escape

But something inside of me 

Tells me I need to stay

Every day is just another number 

Counting down to an endless summer

Watching all the clouds go by

This is my cry

Pick me up, spin me around,

Cheer me up when I am down

You and me, together, forever, 

In my endless summer".

"Awesome, Cheyenne!" I heard Greyson say.

"Thanks," I said, taking off my headphones, and walking through the door to the other side.

Corey played what we recorded so far.

"Sounds really good," Ellen said.

"Cool. Alright, Cheyenne. You're done here for today. Come back tomorrow, and we'll work on the bridge for this one, and then we'll get started on 'This is My Dream'", Corey said.

As Greyson and I were walking out, I said,

"Wanna hang out at my house?"

"Sure."

Greyson hadn't seen my house yet. I bought it for my mom. It was the least I could do after she's been supporting me through so much. I probably went overboard by buying a 2 million dollar house, but my mom deserves it. 

Once we were there, Greyson's eyes got big.

"Pardon my language for a second," he said, "ddddaaaaayyyyyuuuummmm".

I laughed.

"You bought this?"

"With the tour money."

"That was nice of you."

"Let's go in!"

Mostly, it was all boxes and such, but it was still quite a sight.

"Well?" I said.

Greyson's mouth dropped.

"I-I-I...um, WOW!"

"Not half-bad, eh?"