Confessing to Miranda

Me, Greyson, and Cody were in 4a on Trey’s laptop. We were looking over the glogs in the Greyson Chance Glog contest. Winners get a signed piano key from the famous black and white piano.

“Click on that one,” Cody said, pointing at the screen, “It looks cool.”

Greyson clicked on it, and “Hold on Til the Night,” blasted through the speakers, and there was a colorful collage of Greyson pictures, and animated smiley faces. I shifted in my seat. I recognized that one. It was mine.

“Who did this one? It’s really good.” Greyson said.

“Look at the profile,” Cody instructed.

Greyson scrolled down, and saw the profile picture of me and Greyson at the meet and greet at the concert when I first met him.

“Oh my gosh, Cheyenne!” Greyson said, turning to me, “This is amazing!”

I blushed.

“Thanks, Greyson. I made it the morning of the day we met at Target, the day after the concert.”

“Cool,” Cody said.

Greyson wrapped his arms around my waist, and looked at me right in the eyes.

“Do you want a signed piano key?”

“Why would I need one? I have you, right?”

Greyson chuckled.

“I guess so.”

Greyson was leaning for a kiss, but Cody interrupted.

“Easy there, children!” he laughed, “No need to get into any trouble, ya hear?”

We rolled our eyes at him and continued looking through the glogs.

A few minutes later, Trey came in, and said,

“I knew it was you three that stole my laptop! I can’t trust you,” he laughed.

He took the laptop away, and typed in something.

“Here, I have something to show you,” he said, setting the laptop back onto Greyson’s lap, and me and Cody leaned in to see.

“Oh. My. God,” Cody said.

“I can’t believe it,” Greyson said.

“Oh, no!” I said.

It was a Youtube video. It was an interview with Bella Thorne. And it was all about her hatred towards me.

“So, is it that you’re jealous of Cheyenne?” the interviewer asked her.

“No,” Bella replied bitterly, “It’s just that she’s trying to ruin my career.”

I reached over and slammed the laptop shut, and stormed out of the room, down the stairs, and back to the hotel. I found a note on my bed.

‘Went for pizza with Kenton. See ya later’

I sighed. Well, at least Morgan was having a good time.

I turned on the TV, and Shake it Up was on again. So I quickly switched to Nickelodeon, and Victorious was on. It was my favorite episode, the one when Tori is on a plane, and she has to finish a school project via webcam with her friends. My favorite part is when Andre’s crazy grandma panics because the alarm clock changes. That part cheered me up a bit. I heard a knock on the door.

I looked out the peephole, and it was Miranda. I opened the door.

“Hi, Miranda! Come in, come in!”

She was still on a crutch.

“Thanks. I was wondering if we could talk a little.”

“Sure. Have a seat.”

She sat down on Morgan’s bed, and she took a deep breath in, and said,

“I heard about Bella. And I’ really sorry you’re going through this.”

“Miranda, if I tell you something, you promise that you won’t tell anybody? Especially Greyson?”

“Um, okay.”

I reached into my suitcase and pulled out the bottle of anti-depressants, and handed it to her.

“What’s this?”

“Read the label.”

Miranda read the label, and her jaw dropped.

“Prescribed to…..Cheyenne Walters?! How long have you been taking these?”

“I get refilled every month. I’ve been taking those ever since I was seven.”

Miranda swallowed hard, and set the bottle down on the nightstand.

“Well, I guess the whole Bella thing hasn’t helped much, has it? If only she really knew. And Greyson doesn’t know?”

“No, because I haven’t taken any since met him.”

“Oh. Well, you should tell him.”

“I can’t.”

“I see.”

“I’ve had signs of depression ever since I was really little. But I was given these pills by the doctor after…something happened.”

“What happened?”

I sighed, not really wanting to tell the story, but so far, Miranda was comforting and supportive.

“I had a best friend, and his name was Keith. We met in Kindergarten, and he lived right across the street from me. We did everything together. He was the best thing that had ever happened to me. When we were six, he kissed me behind the school playground. It was magical, I guess you could say. We were so blissfully happy together, playing soccer in the backyard, sipping lemonade int he hammock during the summer. And on the first day of second grade, he turned on me. All of a sudden, he dumped his chocolate milk all over me, and everyone was laughing at me, including him. It was so humiliating. School became painful after that. Keith became my worst enemy. He always kicked me, shoved me, and made fun of me, but he always told his friends I was his girlfriend. He’d hold my hand in front of his friends, but behind their backs, he’d hit me. I became so depressed that the doctor gave me the pills. Later on that year, he moved to California because his dad’s job got transferred, and I haven’t seen him since.”

Miranda stood up, and hugged me.

“Cheyenne, I’m so sorry. I’m always here to talk, okay?”

“Okay, thank you, Miranda, you’re a great friend.”

Miranda smiled at me.

“Thanks for telling me the truth.”