R.I.P Morgan (Part 1)

The press conference went on FOREVER. Okay, so maybe it was half an hour, but seriously! Sitting in what felt like the electric chair, while the cameras clicked away and while the press was writing down notes while I was interrogated. When we were released, everything was okay again. 

A week and a half passed, and then we were all on a plane flying to Minneapolis for Morgan's funeral. Pretty much all our friends in L.A. were coming. Troy, Cody, Greyson, and Alli were staying at my house. Everyone else was staying in that hotel that Greyson was at when he met me. My parents and my sister set up the air mattresses in the basement for the guys, and Alli was going to sleep in my room.

Once we landed in the airport, my parents and Ari were waiting for us. They greeted us with hugs.

"Welcome, home, sis," Ari said, pulling the beanie off my head.

"Thanks, Ari," I said.

Once we were inside my house, my mom led the guys down to the basement, and Alli and I went upstairs to my room.

"Wow, I love your room!" Alli said.

"Thanks!" I said, looking around at all my familiar things. There was a long narrow cardboard tube with a lid addressed to me.

"What's this?" I said.

Alli read the note next to it.

"Welcome home, Cheyenne!! We're framing this and putting this in a frame to be hung in the living room," Alli read my mom's handwritten note.

I popped the lid, and pulled a big sheet of paper out. I unrolled it, and there was a huge and I mean HUGE life-sized poster of me.

"Wow," I said, "They must of ordered this online."

"Which photoshoot was that?"

I studied the way I was positioned, flashing a peace sign and wearing a pink polo with a black miniskirt. 

"J-14 magazine," I stated.

"That's an awesome picture!" Alli said.

"I gotta go thank my parents!"

Me and Alli ran downstairs, then skidded to a halt when everyone was standing in the living room, staring at as. There were two more people. Tom and Peyton Daniels. They were Morgan's parents.

"Cheyenne!" Peyton came running to me, and hugged me.

"Hello, Peyton," I said.

"We just came to tell you that the funeral is 6:00 tomorrow night."

"Very good," I said.

"Well, sorry, but we have to scurry. We left our son alone with Kenton," Tom said.

"Oh yeah! We're keeping Kenton Duty with us!" Peyton said. "He's such a nice boy! He was perfect for Morgan!"

Once they were gone, my mom said,

"Well, it's late. Breakfast at 8:00 tomorrow. Pancakes, bacon, and eggs!"

Alli and I went back upstairs, and changed. We talked for a while, and then she drifted off to sleep. I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake. I couldn't stop thinking about Morgan. I haven't talked to Kenton since I told him what happened. I sure hope that guy that was driving the truck is having fun in jail. 

"Stupid-ass drunk drivers!"

"Wha..?" Alli said, turning over.

"DId I just really say that out loud?" I asked.

Alli didn't answer. She was tired. 

I slipped into my flip-flops, put on my hoodie, and crept down two flights of stairs to the basement. It was nice and warm down there. I missed having movie nights with my family down there. I saw Greyson's face illuminated by the glow of his Blackberry. 

"Greyson!" I whisper-shouted.

Greyson looked up.

"Oh, hi," He said.

"I can't sleep," I said.

"Neither can I," Greyson said, putting down his phone.

"Will you sleep in my bed tonight?" I said.

"Yeah," Greyson said, standing up, and taking my hand. We went back upstairs, and stepped over Alli, and got into my bed. I could only see a silhouette of Greyson right next to me. He pulled me close, and he was breathing down my neck. I loved it. I tilted my head up, and kissed his lips. He kissed me right back. And then, I tried something I never did before. I opened my mouth a little, and put my tongue gently on his lips, and he let me enter. And there were were, just Frenching it up. I rolled on top of him, and kissed down his neck. I could feel Greyson's nails digging into my back. He loved it.