Happy Birthday, Greyson! (Part 1)

I woke up the next morning to my ‘Iyiyi’ ringtone.

“Yes, Cody?”

“You have to avoid Greyson as much as you can today. Pretend you don’t know about his birthday. Then, tonight, tell him it was all a joke, and you knew about his birthday. Then, tell him you’re taking him out to dinner with all of us, and then take him to the club. Got it?”

“Got it.”

“Okay, now, go out and spend the day with Morgan or something. Remember, avoid Greyson.”

“Right. Bye.”

Just then, there was a slight knock on the door.

“Chey? You up yet, sweetie?”

Uh oh. Greyson.

I went under the covers and pretended to be sleeping.

I waited about forty seconds, then looked through the peephole on the door. Coast clear.

Morgan turned over, and woke up.

“What’s up?”

“Cody’s telling me to avoid Greyson until tonight. Then, I’m gonna be telling him that we’re going out to dinner, when I’ll actually be taking him to Pulse.”

“Wow.”

“Get up, and let’s go to the mall or something. We have to make sure we avoid Greyson. We have to pretend we don’t know about his birthday.”

Me and Morgan headed to Starbucks, where Cody and Julia were sitting in the corner, sipping coffees.

“I knew Cody would call her eventually,” I said.

“It’s good that he’s away from Bella now.”

“By the way, me and Miranda saw her here yesterday.”

“Ouch. Hope she doesn’t come by now.”

Just then, the door opened behind us. 

“Hey, girls!”

AHHH!!!!! IT WAS GREYSON!!!! 911!!!!! 

“Oh, hey, Greyson,” I said casually, hugging him.

“Well?” he said.

“Well what?”

“Today’s a very special day.”

“Yeah, the anniversary of the day Elvis died, poor guy. Great singer, wasn’t he, Chey?”

Thank God for Morgan and her useless trivia.

“Yeah, too bad. Morgan and I gotta get to the mall, see you later Greyson!” I said, pulling Morgan out the door.

“But what about our?” Morgan started, right before I slapped her arm.

Once we were out on the sidewalk again, we exhaled.

“Well, that was close. But what about breakfast? And I wonder how Cody and Julia are gonna handle it…”

“Food Court, I guess. And yeah, I hope Cody has a good cover-up.” I said.

We went to the mall we were at last night, and ate some soggy Egg McMuffins from the McDonald’s kiosk in the food court.

As Morgan was picking the crusty egg pieces out of her sandwich she said,

“What are we going to do all day?”

“I know! We can go shopping for some new dresses for the party. We still have some money left, right?”