First show! (part 2)

We were rehearsing ALL DAY. (Haha, pun very much intended) But seriously, we were. It was a long and exhausting day. How on Earth was I possibly going to have enough energy for the show? I was practically falling asleep in the chair in my dressing room as Gia was doing my hair and makeup.

"Dear child, wake up!" she said, "Big show tonight."

"I'm. So. TIRED!" I groaned.

"I know, I know. Sadly, you're going to have to get used to it."

"I guess I should be thankful that I'm in this position," I said.

"Exactly. No one ever said that it would be easy being famous. But millions of girls would LOVE to be in your position."

Just then, Greyson came in.

"Hey, girlfriend!" he said in a weird girly voice, "Morgan's on the phone!"

I grabbed Greyson's phone out of his hand.

"Hey, Mo!"

"You weren't picking up your phone, so I called Greyson instead. I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight. You'll do great, and I'm so happy for you,"

That was Morgan. She's supported me my whole life since the third grade. How could I ever find another friend like her? I couldn't. She was rare. I almost cried right then and there, just hearing her voice. But I couldn't let my mascara run....

"Thank you, Mo. For everything over the years. You always supported me through everything."

Morgan giggled.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"When you said 'supported' I was thinking about this bra..."

I laughed.

"Real nice, Morgan. Hey, I gotta go. Skypeing tomorrow!"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world! Oh, your parents are here. They want to say something."

"Hi, Cheyenne! We're so proud of you!" I heard my mom say.

"Thank you so much! Hi, Dad!"

"Hi, pumpkin! Love you!"

"Love you guys too! Hey, I gotta go, talk to you later!"

"BYE!" the three of them said.

As I gave the phone back to Greyson, I thought about how Morgn and my parents were the most important fan club.

Troy ran into my room.

"It's show time, Chey. You ready?"

I swallowed hard.

"I was born ready!" I said.

"That's my girl!" Greyson said.

I was right at the stage entrance, and Corey was there, and he helped me attach my headset with the battery pack clipped to the back of my dress. 

The crowd was chanting my name. All of a sudden, I was pretty sure I really had to pee. Is that normal? I was nervous. This was it. I ran out to the middle of the stage, and the crowd went wild.

"Why, hello, there. My name is CHEYENNE WALTERS", I screamed as the crowd went even crazier.

"Well, you're all energetic. Are you ready to rock this house?"

"YEAH!" the crowd screamed.

"Are you sure?"

"YEAH!!!!!!!"

"Let's go!"

The beginning of "Determinate" began playing. Dang, I was nervous! But I was fine when I started singing the first lines,

"Trying hard to fight these tears, I'm crazy worried. Messing with my head, this fear, I'm so sorry. You know you gotta get it out, I can't take it, that's what being friends about."

And as the crowd went CRAZY, the song blasted louder as I sang it. It was amazing! I was just dancing, singing, and having a good time. And the crowd laughed as I did Wen's rap. I practiced for days to get it right! And when the song was done, the fans screamed and screamed and screamed! Now I know why this job is well worth it. 

MORE COMING SOON! SPOILER: KEITH IS MEETING CHEYENNE BACKSTAGE!