Please don't break my heart, Cheyenne

I looked back over at Morgan, who was still chatting up Kenton. I decided to listen in, so I pretended to be listening to Greyson and Cody’s conversation. I listened in at the right time.

“So, you want my number? Maybe we should hang out sometime,” I heard Kenton say to Morgan.

“Sure! I’d like that,” Morgan replied. I could feel her in the back of my head grinning from ear to ear. So they exchanged numbers. Wow. Kenton just asked Morgan out. 

Greyson was asking me something, and I didn’t notice.

“Cheyenne? Hello? You there?” he said, waving a hand in front of my face.

“I’m sorry, I’m spacing out. Early flight, and all that.”

“Oh. Well, anyway, do you want to hang out at Cody’s tonight?”

“Sure.”

“You can meet my sister,” Cody chimed in.

“Cool. I would love to meet Alli,” I said.

Now I was going to meet my favorite YouTuber, Alli Simpson. (Check out her channel, SoAlli, love it!) 

Greyson poked me, and whispered in my ear,

“There’s something I want to do with you today, first.”

“What is it?”

“You’ll see.”

Once we were done with the pizza, the Shake it Up cast, Miranda, Cody, and Greyson split the bill, and soon, we were back in Miranda’s limo, on our way back to Twist Studio.

Once the limo stopped, we all thanked and said goodbye to Miranda. 

When me, Cody, Greyson, and Morgan were going up the stairs, I said,

“I wonder what my parents did this whole time.”

“I wonder, too,” Greyson said.

We went into room 4a, and my parents were talking to a woman that looked like she was in her thirties.

“Hi, Chey, this is Lydia, your new tutor,” my mom said, “Since the tour is going on during the school year, she’ll be on the road with you.”

“Hi, Cheyenne,” Lydia shook my hand, “so great to meet you! Greyson’s been raving about you!”

“Oh really?” I said, while turning around and smiling at Greyson.

“Lydia’s my tutor, too,” he said, blushing.

“Mine too,” Cody said.

“Would you excuse me a second?” I said, grabbing Morgan.

I took her down the long hallway into the bathroom. I had to ask her what I was dying to know.

“Kenton asked you out?”

“You were eavesdropping!” Morgan said, but she was grinning.

“Um, I don’t think it’s eavesdropping when you’re sitting right next to me.”

Morgan laughed, and then held up her phone. On the screen was her list of contacts.

“Look at the third one,” she said proudly, “Kenton’s number.”

“I’m so proud of you!” I laughed, while giving her a pat on the back.

“Ha, you should be!” Morgan said, “I did exactly what you did with Greyson. I was my cute, flirty self, and I scored his digits.”

“I don’t think I was very cute and flirty at Target.”

“You were at the meet and greet though, right? I mean, you kissed him.”

“I didn’t think that I’d ever see him again,” I said, “I thought it was going to end there. Boy, little did I know.”

“No kidding! Now you’re in LA, you’re going on tour with Greyson Chance, Cody Simpson, AND you just had pizza with Miranda Cosgrove and the Shake it Up kids. And I just got Kenton Duty’s number! And it’s all because you were in need of a bra at Target.”

And my mind was blown.

“Amazing,” I said in awe of everything.

I heard a pounding on the door.

‘Cheyenne? Are you in there?" I heard Greyson call from outside the door, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, I was just talking to Morgan."

“Okay, I was just making sure you weren’t projectile vomiting or something.”

Morgan and I laughed.

“We’re coming out,” I said, pushing open the door.

Once Morgan and I stepped out, Greyson said,

“Morgan, will you excuse us a minute? I want to show Cheyenne something.”

“Sure!” Morgan said, smiling, then winking at me, “I’ll be in 4a.”

Greyson held my hand as we were walking down the long hallways. We reached a door, and Greyson slowly opened it. And inside the room, was a piano. But not just any piano. It was Greyson’s super cool black and white piano, with words all over it, and the one that was in the “Waiting Outside the Lines” music video.

“They keys are about to be ripped apart soon,” Greyson explained, “Because I’m signing them and giving them away to fans for a contest. So before that happens, I want to paly a very special song for my very special girl.”

We sat down on the piano bench, and Greyson smiled at me. 

“I love this piano,” I said.

“So do I.”

And he began playing.

And as soon as he started singing the first lines, I knew what song it was. It was Cheyenne.

“It’s a little cold outside, tonight…”

And I was lost in his angelic voice. My heart skipped a few beats.

“You know I talked to a friend of yours at school, she gave me the impression that you might be cool….”

And I was hypnotized. I nearly cried in pure happiness. 

Once he finished the song, he whispered,

“I love you,” and he was leaning in for a kiss.

YES!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! MY FIRST REAL KISS!!!!!

And as his lips met mine, sparks flew. I was also thinking back to the concert, at the meet and greet, just two and a half weeks ago. 

We pulled away, and blushed and smiled at each other for a while, and then I said,

“I love you, too.”

After that, the door swung open.

“Hi, guys!” Cody said with a grin.

“I was pretty sure I locked that door,” Greyson said.

“Just making sure you kids weren’t getting yourselves into trouble,” Cody laughed.

I stood up, and pushed Cody out, laughing,

“Bye, Cody! Catch you later, alligator!”

“But wait!” Cody laughed, “I’m the chaperone! I have to supervise you!”

“Love you too, Cody! Bye!” I said, shutting and locking the door.

Greyson and I nearly cried, laughing.

NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!