LA, baby! (Part 2)

Four hours later, my “Cheyenne” ringtone went off. Morgan and I flailed our arms, as we were woken up. “Hello?” I said, really annoyed. “This is your wake up call!” Alexa yelled. “Unbelievable, Lex. You’ve got to be kidding me. It’s two in the morning.” “Right, and you have a flight leaving at five. Move it!” I hung up on her, and Morgan and I quickly showered, dressed, and shoved breakfast down our throats. My parents came downstairs. “Do you girls have everything packed and ready?” my mom asked us. “Yes,” I said. “Well, let’s put everything in the car and head to the airport.” Soon, the car was packed, and before I knew it, we were at the airport, going up the escalator, on our way to our gate. We boarded the plane only a few minutes later. It turns out that first class seats are REALLY nice, compared to coach seats. I remember a time when I was 5, and Ari was 10, and we were going to a family reunion in Ohio. Ari was really grouchy, because her ears were hurting the whole time, and it was very hot on the plane. So whenever Mom wasn’t looking, she’d hit me for no reason. I was so glad she decided not to come home from college this weekend. It was only a three hour flight, so it was perfect. The whole way, Morgan and I were listening to a bunch of random songs on my iPod touch, including “Tell me Something I Don’t Know” (Selena Gomez) and “Unfriend You” (Greyson Chance, duh) Once we arrived at the airport in LA, Morgan and I were surprised to find some paparazzi waiting for us. “Cheyenne! Why are you in LA? Is it because you won the contest?” I flashed a smile at them. “Wait and see.” Once we retrieved our bags, we noticed a man holding a sign that said “Cheyenne Walters”, so we came up to him. “Hello, are you Miss Walters?” he asked me. “Yes, I am,” I replied, smiling. “Excellent. I am George. Well, I can take you and your family to your hotel, okay?” “Great! Thank you!” my mom said. We were led outside, and there was a limo. No kidding, a limo. This was only just a step up from Greyson’s Range Rover. “Awesome!” we all said in unison, then laughed. Morgan and I were laughing in total bliss and happiness. This trip could not be more perfect. We were halfway to our hotel when Alexa called. “Hey, Chey, are you at the hotel yet?” “We’re about halfway there.” “Perfect. At about 11:00, be at the studio, okay?” “Of course.” “I’ll meet you in room 4a, okay? Once you enter the front door, it’s right up the stairs, turn left, and it’s the second door to the right.” I typed this in as a note on my iPod. “Okay, thanks, Lex!” “No problem. By the way, Greyson’s all depressed because he really misses you. I can’t wait to surprise him!” “Same here!” “Okay, well see you soon!” “Bye!” I told my parents and Morgan the plan. We arrived at the hotel, got our bags out, and headed to the lobby. “Hello, how may I help you?” the lady at the desk said. “We’re checking in,” my mom said, handing her the papers from the envelope. “Ah, yes. You’re the Walters family, correct?” We nodded. “We have reserved a double room suite for you. We hope you enjoy your stay! Roy and Mark will take your bags for you. Here’s your key card,” she said, handing me two cards. Two guys in their twenties stepped forward, and took our bags, and led us to our suite. I swiped one of the cards in the slot, and opened the door. I had never seen a more beautiful hotel suite. There were two king-sized beds in each room, and a huge flat-screen TV. The floors were fluffy bright white carpet. There was a bathroom in between the two rooms, which was all marble, no joke. “Enjoy your stay!” Roy said, as he and Mark put down our bags in the middle of the floor. We were looking around, still in shock. “So, THIS is how celebrities vacation,” said, Morgan, looking up at the mini glass chandelier on the ceiling. “I suppose so,” I said. My parents decided to take the other room, so Morgan and I had our own room. “King-sized beds. This is great!” I said, plopping down on one of the beds. “Are you kidding? This is amazing!” Morgan yelled, as she flopped on the other bed. I looked over at the digital clock. 10:15. “Morgan, we should start getting ready. We have to be at the studio in 45 minutes.” “Right! Let’s change clothes. We most likely smell like airplane food.” Once we were freshened up, the four of us went down the elevator to the lobby, and out the front door we went. “Wow, Alexa was right. It is just across the street,” Morgan noted. We crossed the busy street, and went inside to the cool air conditioning of Twist Studio. I took out my iPod, and followed the directions that Alexa gave me. We entered room 4a, and Alexa, Tanner, Lisa, Scott, and Greyson’s manager, Trey, were waiting for us. “Chey! Morgan!” Alexa whisper-shouted, hugging us. “Hey Lex!” I said, “What’s the plan?” Trey introduced himself to us, and then told me, “See that door right there? Greyson’s in the room next to us. I’m gonna walk in first, and once I cue you, you’re gonna go in, okay?” “This is so exciting!” Alexa said, jumping up and down. Trey opened the door, walked in, and shut the door behind him. I pressed my ear against the door so I could hear Trey’s cue. “Greyson, I want you to meet your new tour mate, and opening act,” he said. “Go on,” Alexa said. I opened the door, and walked in. Greyson was sitting on a chair, but once he saw me, he jumped up. “CHEYENNE?!” “YEAH!” I shouted back. “Oh my gosh!” he said, hugging me, “you’re going on tour with me? This is amazing!” “I know!” “I didn’t know you could sing! Why didn’t you tell me?” “I didn’t know it either until I entered that contest.” Trey opened his laptop, and searched my video on Youtube, and clicked on it, and shoved the laptop in Greyson’s lap. “Here it is,” he said. Greyson clicked full screen, and I saw me on the screen. “Hi, I’m Cheyenne Walters, and I’ll be singing ‘Firework’ by Katy Perry.” I heard myself say on the video. “That’s a really big song!” Greyson said. “Just watch it,” Trey said, “she’s amazing.” The music started, and Greyson was grinning, until the line ‘baby, you’re a firework’. His jaw dropped. Once the song finished, Trey took his laptop back, and Greyson still had his mouth wide open. I reached over, and put my hand under his chin, and shut his mouth for him. “Oh. My. Gosh.” Greyson said, “That was incredible! My fans definitely need to hear this!” Greyson took me under my armpits, and lifted me onto his lap. He was grinning at me now. I blushed. “Now, I have a little surprise for you, Cheyenne!” he said. “Really?” “Really.” “What is it?” “Well, I don’t have just one opening act. I now have two. You, and someone else.” “Who?” “Come in, Cody!” Greyson yelled. Just then, a tall, blonde boy came through the door, smiling. “Oh my gosh!” I screamed, covering my mouth with my hand in shock. IT WAS CODY SIMPSON!!!! Cody came over to me, and once I stood up, he hugged me. “Hey, Cheyenne. I’m Cody.” “Oh, believe me, I know exactly who you are,” I babbled, in total shock that Cody Simpson was standing right in front of me. Greyson and Cody laughed. “So, apparently the three of us will be sharing a tour bus,” Greyson informed me. “Awesome! This is going to be fantastic!” I said. “This is going to be a great tour,” Cody said. “Morgan!” I called, “Come and meet Cody.” Morgan ran in, really excited. Cody greeted her, and hugged her. My parents then came in to meet Cody, too. “Now, there’s some other very important people you must meet, Cheyenne. Your stylist and assistant,” Trey said. “Awesome! Let’s go!” I said.

Greyson and Cody decided to tag along while I met everyone.

Trey led me to a small office down the hall. He knocked on the door, and then let himself in.

“Rita, Cheyenne’s here,” he said to the woman at the desk. 

“Great! Bring her in! Hi, Cheyenne,” she said, shaking my hand, “I’m your new assistant, Rita.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said.

Rita leaned, looking around me.

“Hi, Greyson! Hi, Cody!”

“Hey,” they said waving.

“So basically, it’s my job to make sure that you have everything you need,” Rita told me.

“Thanks so much! It will be great working with you,” I said.

“Same here,” she said, smiling.

“Well, we’re off to meet Gia,” Trey said.

“Bye, guys!” Rita said, as Trey closed the door.

We went down another hall, and went into what looked like a huge dressing room.

A petite woman was bust arranging lipstick samples on her desk, but looked up once we entered.

“You must be Cheyenne! Hi, I’m Gia, your stylist. It’s my job to make sure that you look absolutely stunning on stage.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said, shaking her hand.

“I also help pick out clothes and accessories for Greyson and Cody, too. Next weekend, I’ll be taking you three shopping for stage wardrobe.”

“Sounds great!” I said.

Greyson rolled his eyes.

“Shopping isn’t Greyson’s favorite part.” Gia whispered. Cody and I laughed.

“I don’t hate shopping,” Greyson said, “It’s just that there’s so many….clothes.”

I messed up his hair.

“Aw, it’s okay, Grey Grey. It’s not that bad.”

Greyson laughed, and smoothed his hair.

“See ya later, Gia. We gotta go,” Trey said.

“Oh, okay. Bye, guys! See you later!” Gia called after us. 

As we were walking back down the hall, Trey said,

“Oh! Cheyenne, I almost forgot. You also have to meet Corey. He’s going to help you pick songs for you to sing on tour, or I should say, he’s going to help you pick songs for your ‘set’”.

“Cool,” I said.