How to Love, Business email, and Kenton Duty

In case you didn't get the hint, the song was "How to Love" by Lil Wayne. It was the best duet ever! Afterwards, the show ended and it was time for the meet and greet.

Two girls came up to our table, and they said,

"We heard about what happened, and we wanted to give you this."

They handed me a huge card made with posterboard that said "You're in our thoughts and prayers, Cheyenne!" on the inside.

"Thank you, girls! You're so sweet!" I said, hugging them.

That wasn't the end of the sympathy presents. I even got an iPhone from a fan! I swear, and iPhone!

"You really didn't have to! You should keep it!" I told the fan.

"I won it in a raffle, and I already have one, so it's yours!"

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Juliana," she said.

"Thank you so much, Juliana! Now I can ditch my old phone!"

At the end of the night, I was playing with my new iPhone on the bus when Greyson sat down next to me.

"Thanks for singing me that song," I said.

"In a way, I think that song is sort of the story of your life, don' you think?" Greyson said.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"Take a look at the music video," Greyson said.

I got out my laptop and looked up the song on YouTube. Greyson was right. The girl in the video also struggled with life, and just needed somebody to love. (No, seriously, if you look up the lyrics at least, you'll see what I mean)

"It's true, that's me," I said, shutting my laptop.

Cody came in and sat down next to us.

"You know, we should call Kenton, and see how he's doing," Cody said.

Shoot! How could I forget about Morgan's boyfriend? I was so focused on the upcoming tour that I didn't remember to ask how Morgan and Kenton were doing. I guess they hadn't seen eachother in person for a month. And I'm sure that Kenton was as devastated as I was. Not as much as I was, of course, but almost.

"We'll call him tomorrow," I said, "it's a bit late now."

I decided to randomly check my business email, to see if any magazines wanted to interview me or do a photoshoot or whatever. Apparently Tiger Beat wanted to run a contest to win a shopping spree with me. I forwarded the email to Troy, who would take care of it.

My phone rang then, and it was my mom.

"How are you doing, honey?" my mom said.

I hesitated a second. Fine? Oh yeah, life was DANDY. I just got raped by my ex-best friend, and now my current best friend is dead. Life's GREAT, Mother. Thanks for asking!

But I didn't say that.

"I'm doing okay."

"Good. Well, I don't want to keep you since I know it's late, but  I just called to tell you that Morgan's funeral won't be until your next break in about a week and  half. The Daniels really want you to be there, and Greyson and Cody are invited, too. Also, who is Kenton? They said that there's a boy named Kenton that they want to invite too?"

"You know that kid with the accent on Shake it Up? Gunther? Yeah, that's him, and he was Morgan's boyfriend."

"Oh, okay. Can you let him know that he's invited?"

"Sure, I was going to call him tomorrow to see how he's doing, so I'll tell him then."

"Okay. See you soon! I love you! Bye!"

"Bye, love you too," I said, then pressing the "end" button on my Samsung Solstice. Man, I really need to set up my new iPhone.......

The next day was Sunday, so I figured that Kenton might be off. I dialed his number.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hey, Kenton, it's Cheyenne."

"Hi, Cheyenne, what's up?"

"Just wanted to know if you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You heard about Morgan, right?"

"Hmm?"

I sighed. Okay, so he obviously didn't know.

"Okay, this is horrible, and we're all devastated, and I'm an emotional wreck," I said, talking really fast to avoid crying, "Morgan was with her dad running errands, and a truck hit their car....."

"WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?"

I choked on my own saliva, but I barely managed to get out the words,

"She's gone."

"I'll call you back...." Kenton's voice sounded shaky, and then he hung up.

I waited for about 20 minutes, then my phone rang. It was Kenton again.

"So, when you say 'She's gone', you mean she's..."

"Dead, Kenton. She's dead," I said, as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I-I-I just can't believe it."

"Neither can I....But anyways, Morgan's parents are inviting you to the funeral. It's about two weeks from now. I'll let you know the exact date."

"Okay, thanks. I gotta go...."

And he hung up again.

"Well?" Alli asked me.

"He's as emotionally wrecked as I am," I said, crawling under my covers.