The Pregnant Queen

Lisbeth found herself going pale at the thought of seeing Dig again. She really just wanted to let it go; never see him again. She glanced up at Hatter, a concerned look on his face. She tried to smile as she felt Joker's eyes move to her.

"Why so glum, princess? The bastard is going to get what he deserves."

Lisbeth nodded slowly. "I know."

"Then what's the problem?"

Lisbeth could feel Joker getting frustrated with her. "I just don't think I can see him again, Daddy."

Hatter stepped forward, everyone's eyes turning towards him. "My lady, don't worry, you won't have to see him again."

He was interrupted by a growl coming from the bed. "You speak out of turn, lil Frosty. She will see him again; she needs to face him."

Hatter stepped back, hearing the anger rising in Joker's voice. He gave Lisbeth a helpless look.

Lisbeth put a smile on her face and put her fingers gently on J's face.

"I will face him if you think it is what's best, daddy."

He grinned back at her. "That's a good girl."

"Now.." he said stifling a groan as he swung his legs out of the bed. "We have another matter to deal with before Dig."

"What is it, Boss?" Jonny replied moving closer to Joker, in case he stumbled in pain.

"The pregnant queen." J said bitterly moving towards the door.

A worried Lisbeth hopped off the bed, quickly following after J, while a wide-eyed Jonny just gaped at the words.

"What boss???"

"Just follow me!" He growled back slamming open the door and heading into the hallway.

Jonny quickly followed him but Hatter hung back, grabbing Lisbeth's arm as she tried to rush past him.

"Are you sure it is a good idea for you to go?"

Lisbeth wrenched her arm free from his grasp. "Hatter..her, the baby, they need someone on their side. That needs to be us."

Hatter nodded, his lips set in a grim line. He knew what she said was the truth and he knew that he would follow Lisbeth in whatever she did, no matter how stupid the idea was.

They trailed behind Joker and Jonny, entering the room quietly where they found a glowering J standing over the bed looking down at Harley who had her face turned, refusing to look at him.

"Well, here she is ladies and gentlemen! The whore of Gotham!" Joker bellowed out. Harley turned her head slowly to see who else was in the room. Her eyes stop roaming the room when she caught a glance of the bloody bandage around J's arm.

"Someone finally get you, Mistah J?" She said in a monotone voice.

Joker bared his silver teeth at the blonde sitting casually on the bed.

"I would be minding your own business right now." He shot back.

Joker started pacing, all eyes in the room darted towards his tense form, wondering what the loose cannon of a man was going to do next.

"Well, well, well," he muttered out, his eyes darting over to Harley. "Pregnant!! Congratu-fucking-lations!! Having the assasin's baby!"

Harley couldn't help but glare at him; not ever wanting him to speak of her child's father.

"Have something to say to me?" He cackled, stopping his pacing and fixing his eyes on her angry face. "Say it...Say it!!!!"

Harley took a deep breath knowing she couldn't be careless with her words the way she used to be; she didn't have just herself to think of before.

"It is not like I planned on getting pregnant with his baby, J. I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Well, you should have been more careful then, shouldn't you??" He replied in a mocking voice before bringing his uninjured arm up to his hair and tugging on it before letting out a long primal growl. "You betrayed me! I let you into my life, into my world and you betrayed me!! I want you dead, Harley!!"

At his final words, Harley slunk back into the pillows on the bed as Lisbeth and Jonny both stepped forward.

"Boss..." Jonny started in a timid voice. "I really think..."

"You are already on thin ice, Frosty; I would think very carefully before you utter another word."

Jonny let out a silent sigh as he put up a hand to try to stop Lisbeth from moving closer to J. She saw his hand coming though and she ducked around it, moving slowly closer to the angry man.

"Daddy...please...you don't want her dead..."

Joker growled as he took a step away from the bed and a step closer to Lisbeth. He took her chin in his hand. "Don't!" He said in an icy chill as he tightened his hand, eliciting a small squeal of pain. He let go of her and strode quickly back over to the bed.

"Now...should we kill you before Dig or after Dig??"

Despite her fright, Harley sat forward. "You got him? Did you catch that motherfucker?"

Joker looked at her through grim eyes. "Not yet, but we are very, very close."

Harley let out a bitter laugh, the whole situation, even her impending death, seeming surreal, like it was all just a bad dream.

"Why don't you kill me after so I can help kill the bastard first?"

Lisbeth's eyes got wide at her words, an idea forming in her head. Despite her common sense, she stepped forward, putting herself between J and Harley.

"I think it is a good idea, Daddy...Why don't we let Harley help...help catch him and kill him?"

J narrowed his eyes at Lisbeth. "What?" He growled.

"Let Harley earn hers and the baby's life....Let her help Jonny get Dig; if she does it to your liking, then let her go....let her and the baby live."

Everyone in the room held their breath as Joker glared at Lisbeth, not knowing what he would do next.

Joker walked slowly towards the petite blonde standing in front of him; emotions swirling through his head. Part of him wanted to kill Harley and then kill her. Who did she think she was bargaining with the Joker??

But her eyes...they bore into him; they made his head a mess. For some reason she had been able to not only invade his emotions but also his head. He found it hard to say no to her.

"Fuck!" He yelled, grinding his teeth before looking over at Harley.

"You had better fucking help get him here...and soon!!!!! This is the only chance you will get for yours and your little bastard's life!"