I Thought I Told You

Dig and Franco rushed into the small house and quickly headed to the bedroom where they found the guards; all of them with gashes to the head but otherwise fine.

He looked over to the bed where Ana sat leaning against the pillows while the doctor stitched her up. Everyone's eyes turned to Dig.

"What happened??" Dig yelled glaring at the men, who all sheepishly had looked down at he floor. "Someone tell me now!!!"

One of the men finally looked up. "We were guarding the place, sir, and all of a sudden, someone hit me on the side of the head and next thing I know, I woke up and the girl was gone."

Dig walked slowly up to the man. "All of a sudden...all of a sudden." He mocked, getting right in his face. "I fucking pay you to not let 'all of a sudden' happen!" Dig quickly took out his gun and shot the man in the temple.

The three other men slowly backed up, knowing exactly what was going to happen next.

"Who did it? Someone needs to have see who did it!!!"

The youngest of the guards, a 2nd cousin to Dig, cautiously stepped forward. "It was Batman, boss. I caught a glimpse of him before he knocked me out."

Dig ground his teeth together, wondering why Batman would have any vested interest in the Nurse. He thought if anyone was going to try to get her back it would Joker.

He turned around and nodded to Franco, who stepped forward with a small grin. He pulled out his gun and him and Dig shot the last three guards in the head. There was no excuse for Nursey to have been taken; the men had signed their own death certificates.

Dig holstered his gun and straightened his suit before walking over to his wife. He picked up her hand, kissing it gently.

"My love. I am so sorry my men couldn't protect you. I will never leave you with such incompetent guards again."

Ana put on her subservient, devoted wife role like one would slip on a jacket; she had perfected the part. She let some tears fall out her eyes.

"My darling; I am so sorry I let him get away with her! I tried to drag her into the bathroom but he overpowered me." She put a pout on her face as the doctor finished up the stitches and cleaned up his materials.

"Mr. Leon; I did the best I could with my resources here but I would recommend you get her to a plastic surgeon as soon as possible to make sure there will be no scarring."

"Thank you doctor." Dig said before the doctor walked out.

Dig turned towards Ana again, taking her cheeks gently in his hands. "Doll, please don't say you are sorry. I in no way blame you for what happened, my love."

She gave him a small kiss before leaning back down on the pillows.

Dig held out his hand to her, chuckling softly. "I know you probably want to rest my dear, but we need to get you to a plastic surgeon. No wife of mine is going to walk around with any kind of scar on her face."

Ana gave him her hand and let him help her up. She leaned into him as they followed Franco out the door.

As Franco opened the car door for the couple, Dig let out a cold laugh, his eyes meeting with his cousins'. "First we tend to my lady, then we figure out why the fuck Batman would waste his time with some insignificant little slut."

~~~~Joker's House~~~~

Sarah stood outside Joker's bedroom door, straightening this god-awful outfit she had to wear. She grimaced; doing this for Boss better pay off.