Calling For Daddy

The doctor took off his glasses and wiped his brow before opening the door and motioning Mr. Wayne and Alfred in.

"The nurse who originally helped her did a very good job on the outer wounds and most of them should heal nicely. With the extent of the injuries though, she should expect some scars. The inner is another story though. It is like I thought when I first inspected her. She is going to need the surgery."

Alfred nodded his head slowly as Bruce wiped at his tires eyes.

"Your surgery equipment here is as good as any I would find in this city's hospitals so I will do it here. Just give me an hour to get ahold of my anesthesiologist and a few of my nurses and then we should be ready to start."

"Thank you doctor." Bruce said heading out the door with Alfred following him. He turned to the man behind them as soon as they arrived in the hallway. "You should call Mr. Price. He should be here for her surgery, so we can explain in person.

Alfred nodded and took out his phone, finding the number and pressing call.

~~~~Joker's House~~~~
Joker stood in his bedroom with Frost and Hatter as Jonny helped his brother get ready. They had to make frat boy Brandon into oozing with wealth Brandon.

Frosty looked over at J. "How is this boss?"

Joker looked the boy over

Joker looked the boy over. "Not bad little Frosty."

Joker looked over at Harley, who sat quietly on the bed. Right after he had gotten the phone call from Ava, he had gone and released Harley from her bedroom. His anger towards her was still there but it had slightly dimmed since he had focused all his hatred on Dig.

Harley was still his right hand woman; a constant presence and comfort in his life and he would never admit it to anyone but he needed that comfort now.

Besides, Harley was horribly worried about Nursey; he knew she wouldn't be trying to escape this time.

Harley stood up and walked slowly over to Hatter. "You look wonderful Baby Frosty." She said giving him a small smile. "It is all up to you now, doll. You have to get our girl back for us."

Hatter looked nervous, but gave a strong nod to her words.
The room became silent as his phone rang. He picked it up and put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Price?"

"This is he."

"This is Alfred. I know we had agreed to have you come down to the manor later this afternoon, but would it be possible to come right away?"

Brandon's face paled as he looked over at his boss. "Of course. What's wrong?"

"There is some bleeding that we are having some trouble stopping. We need her in surgery right away. We want to talk to you more about it in person."

Brandon watched Joker's face cloud over and his teeth grit.

"I understand. Please get her in as soon as you can. I will leave right now."

"Thank you, sir. I will text you the address. Oh....and before you go. Have you contacted her father?"

"Her father?" Brandon replied in confusion.

"Yes. We have been giving her sedatives to spare her the pain but she has been in and out of consciousness. Always calling for her daddy."

Everyone in the room looked towards J, who quickly turned his head not wanting anyone to see his sadness; his weakness.

"Oh...." Brandon stuttered. "Her father passed away last year....it was very hard; they were very close."

"I see. I am sorry to hear that. So, please come as soon as possible Mr. Price."

"I will." With that Brandon hung up the phone and put it in his pocket, looking at his Boss.

"I should go then." Joker just nodded, not trusting his voice at that moment.

J left the room and went down the stairs followed by Hatter, Harley and Frost. They stood in the entrance way as Hatter put on his jacket. Panda man also stood there in a suit since he would be driving the car.

Harley gave Brandon a surprisingly gentle hug and then patted him on the back as she let him
out of the embrace. As he walked to the door, Joker grabbed his shoulder roughly.

"I don't think I even need to tell you what will happen if you don't get her home safely." He said in a gruff voice.

Brandon nodded. "Yes, sir."

Brandon and Panda man walked out to the black limousine and silently got in; both knowing that they were being sent on the most important mission that had gone on before.