Broken Can Be Beautiful

Lisbeth sat curled up in the chair in the bedroom, feeling better after her bath. She held the picture of her son, gazing at it. She realized this is the first time since she lost custody of him that she had been able to sleep without drinking first. She surprisingly felt comfortable in this house full of psychopaths.

She smiled thinking of Harley. Who would have thought that the crazy clown girl would become her most trusted friend? And as for Mister J-Harley had once told her that she didn't love J, she was addicted to him. Lisbeth could now understand this sentiment. His smile, his body, his voice, even his craziness, it was all so appealing. It was like everyday was a hot summer day in the desert for Lisbeth and Mr. J was the last drop of water on earth. She needed him to survive.

She sighed, putting down the picture of her son. She needed that drop of water but maybe she should die of dehydration if it meant not hurting her best friend.

She looked down at her leg, tracing a bruise lovingly. She was never a masochist; she didn't welcome pain as pleasure but with Joker it was different. She felt pleasure from how happy it made him to hurt her. She would let him hurt her forever to keep him happy....

Just then she heard a knock on the door and Hatter popped his head in, "My lady! Special Delivery from boss!"

She smiled, "Come on in!" Hatter walked over to her chair, a big grin on his face. He handed the large white box to her. She opened the card on top

Princess,
We are going to my club tonight.
I got you something a little special since it is your first time out in a long time.
I can't wait to see you in it.
-Daddy J

Lisbeth untied the purple ribbon and opened the box. Inside was a lovely blue dress. She wasn't sure if it was exactly club attire but if it made Mister J happy, then she was happy.
Under the dress she found some beautiful ballet flats.

She lifted her eyes from the gift to see Hatter still standing there but his smile had turned to an expression that was a mix between sadness and anger

She lifted her eyes from the gift to see Hatter still standing there but his smile had turned to an expression that was a mix between sadness and anger. She could see his eyes roaming the bruises on her skin. He clenched his fists and moved his eyes to meet Lisbeth's.

"No man should ever leave bruises on any woman, especially one he cares about."

Lisbeth put the box to the side and quickly stood up. She moved towards Hatter until she was right in front of him.

"Brandon," she said in a harsh whisper. "You know you can't say stuff like that in this house. Please! I don't want to see you get hurt!"

Hatter gazed at Lisbeth for a second before gently taking her hands in his; Lisbeth tried to pull away but he was too strong.

"I know, my lady, I know. But please, let me say one more thing, then I promise I won't mention it again."

Lisbeth gave him a defeated frown and nodded slowly. Hatter brought his lips close to her ear so he could whisper his last thought about her situation.

"Harley is strong; the strongest, craziest girl I have ever met and Joker still managed to get to her, to make her weak. My lady, I don't mean to offend, but you are so delicate compared to that insane woman. I am afraid he is going to break you beyond repair."

Lisbeth felt tears starting to fall at Brandon's words. She pulled back a little so she could look in his eyes.

"Please don't worry my dear Hatter. I accept he will break me; it is my fate. Please realize, broken can be beautiful."

With that Brandon let go of her hands and gave her a deep bow.

"My lady."

He turned around to leave, but not before Lisbeth spotted the tears falling down his own cheeks.

A/N Sorry, just a short little chapter😭😭 it is a crazy busy day at work today but I wanted her o be able to give you something. Hope you enjoyed!