Scared of the Dark, Are We?

Joker looked at the mess he had created around him. Lisbeth's clothes were scattered around the room; some of them stuffed in a suitcase that stood by the door.

J took another swig from the whiskey bottle before setting it down on the bedside table and crawling into the bed next to his little Nurse. He put his head on her chest and felt her shallow breathing. He put his arms around her and held her as close as he could.

This was the only time he could be this vulnerable-when he was drunk and the only witness was unconscious.

He finally drifted off into a restless sleep.

He woke up suddenly and looked at the clock next to him. It read 6 am. No alarm was blaring. He wondered what had woken him up until he looked next to him and noticed Lisbeth's eyes fluttering as she stiffly moved her arms. He rolled over closer to her, gently pushing her hair away from her face. Her eyes moved over to him, trying to focus.

"Daddy," she said in whisper.

"Yes, princess, I am here."

Lisbeth looked around confused, "What happened?"

Joker looked at her seriously. "You don't remember? Think carefully."

Lisbeth looked around the room and then down at herself; she saw the bandages on her wrist and all the memories came flooding back.

"Oh, God, no..." she whimpered putting her head in the pillow. "I am so sorry, Daddy. I just didn't want to cause anyone anymore pain."

J looked down at her, meeting her eyes, giving her a sympathetic look. "Oh, doll, I know. You feel too much for your own good." He put his arm behind her, gently pushing her to a sitting position.

Lisbeth felt dizzy and nauseous; she wanted nothing more than to lay back down. "Please, Daddy, can I rest a little more."

Joker smiled. "Of course, little one, you can rest all you want...at Dig's." He suddenly picked her up and set her on her feet on the ground next to the bed. She quickly crumbled, her legs too weak to hold her up.

"What? What?" She stuttered out, suddenly realizing all her belongings were on the ground and a pink suitcase stood next to the door. "Dig's? No, daddy, please!"

Joker stood up and slowly walked around the bed, kneeling down next to Lisbeth and grabbing her chin roughly.

"Oh yes, doll. You hated it with me so much you chose to try to end your life. So Dig said he would take you off my hands. He likes the pretty, weak ones like you." He sneered.

Lisbeth's eyes had teared up because of J's tight grip on her face. She tried to blink then away so she could see J's face clearly.

"I thought you belonged to me, Lisbeth, but then you went and tried to leave me. I don't like when people try to leave me." He let go of her chin roughly, causing her to fall.

"I am so,so sorry, Daddy. I wasn't thinking; I was being selfish." Lisbeth cried out while she slowly got to her hands and knees, painfully crawling over to Joker. "Please daddy, forgive me." She looked up at his glaring face, the tears starting to fall. "I want to stay with you more than anything...I belong to you."

Joker growled before reaching down and roughly pulling her up. "I am going to need time to think about this, Little Lisbeth. I don't know if you deserve a second chance."

Lisbeth put her face in her hands, "I know I don't deserve one, but daddy, I need you." She looked up at him, her eyes pleading.

Joker ground his teeth in frustration, before bringing his face right up to her. "I will think about it doll." He growled dangerously, "but while I think," he suddenly pulled her roughly to the corner, and pointed to a small wooden door, "you will stay in here."

He opened the door and Lisbeth could see a small wooden crawl space, it was dark and cramped; she would barely have any room to move and she was terrified of the dark

Joker laughed as he saw the emotions run over her face. "Scared of the dark are we, precious?"

Lisbeth just nodded, the tears cascading down her face by this point.

Joker put his hands on her cheeks, forcing her to look up at him. "You will stay in here for as long as it takes for me to decide wether to keep you or not. You will sit in here quietly without making a sound-no matter what you hear coming from this room. Do you understand?"

Lisbeth nodded weakly. She suddenly felt a sharp blow across her face.

"Answer me!"

"I understand, Daddy."

With that, J threw her into the small space, slamming and locking the door behind her.

Lisbeth curled up into a ball and silently cried. She knew she deserved this; she hadn't been thinking straight. Of course Mister J had taken it personally. She had never meant to hurt him. She deserves everything he gave to her.

And Harley...It was then Lisbeth realized she hadn't seen her best friend. Could J have done something to her? Lisbeth could never forgive herself if anything happened to Harley because of her own stupid choices.

Lisbeth laid her face on her arms. She had to do what Mr. J said; sit here silently and when the time was right he would let her out and she could try her best to be the good girl she needed to be.