Let Me Put You Back Together

Lisbeth looked over to Brandon, a shocked look on her face, as Jonny hurried out the door after J.

"He...he..." she stuttered not able to finish her thought.

"He set you free, my lady. You can be free, with no consequences from him." Brandon said in awe.

Lisbeth stood up slowly, hitting away the arm that Hatter tried to extend to help her. She walked over to the closet and pulled out a small overnight bag.

"Lisbeth, you can't leave now. You need rest. Stay a few more days...a month, maybe."

Lisbeth shook her head. "I need to leave now, Brandon." She said forcefully as she threw her few pictures and trinkets in a bag.

Brandon sighed and stood up. "You are determined to do this now?"

"Yes." She replied in a firm voice.

"What can I do to help then?"

She flashed him a small smile. "Can you grab my old clothes? They are in the back of the closet."

She smiled when he brought them back to her. It would feel nice to be back in her old comfy clothes she thought as she slid them on. She looked at herself in the mirror and felt a pang of sadness.

I miss Daddy's clothes

I miss Daddy's clothes. This is not me anymore.

She tried to shake the thoughts away as she finished packing her bag. She had to stop a few times to breath deeply through a pain surge somewhere in her battered body, but she kept going despite Hatter's anxious and disapproving looks he kept giving her.

"I will come with you my lady." Hatter said quietly.

Lisbeth shook her head sadly. "Not now, Brandon. Harley needs you here. There is something different about her. She is not as strong as she used to be." Lisbeth watched her best friend's body sag. "But we are going to be together again, I promise. Red Thread."

They put their arms around each other and stood like that for what felt like forever until Lisbeth finally pulled away. "I have to go now."

She turned and walked through the door, Hatter trailing behind her. She gripped onto the bannister and gingerly started walking down. The pain got to her when she was almost to the bottom. She felt her legs give out and she tumbled down the last few steps. Hatter quickly ran down to her.

"Are you all right my lady?"

She was trying to stand up when her and Hatter heard slow footsteps on the stairs behind them.

"What is going on here?" They heard an icy voice say.

Lisbeth glanced behind her, fear in her eyes as she caught the cold face of J staring down at her. Then Jonny's worried face appeared.