We Are Doing This Now

Lisbeth held a cold rag on the bruise that was forming under his left eye. "I am so sorry, Hatter. I shouldn't have made you go with me."

He just shook his head and gave her a weak smile. "You didn't make me. You know I would follow you anywhere, my lady."

Lisbeth smiled before leaning down and giving him a gentle kiss on the lips. She pulled away as she heard the door open. Jonny walked in, no expression on his somber face. He pointed to Hatter. "You; go get some sleep, you look like hell." He then walked over to Lisbeth and extended his arm to her. "My lady, Boss would like you in his room."

Lisbeth gave Hatter a worried look as she took Jonny's hand and let him escort her across the hall. He knocked on the door and when a low growl emitted from the room, he opened the door and gently pushed Lisbeth inside before he closed it again.

Lisbeth looked around the room, finding J sitting on the edge of his large bed, holding his head in his hands. He still remained in only his pants, his feet bare and blood spattered across his chest.

Lisbeth walked on quiet feet over to him, until she was standing before him. "Daddy?" She said gently, reaching out her hand to touch his hair. Before she could reach though, he had put his head up and grabbed her hand roughly in his. He grabbed her other hand and pushed her backwards. She fell to the ground, moaning when the back of her head banged against the floor.

When she opened her eyes, J was above her, his eyes full of anger. "Now princess," he sneered, "tell me why you think Daddy is angry now."

Lisbeth felt her heartbeat quicken. She anxiously licked her lips. "I didn't stay in my room like I was supposed to."

"Very good angel. Was it yours or Hatter's idea to check on Harley?"

"It was mine, Daddy."

"I think you would take the blame even if it wasn't you but I believe you this time because you lack a lot of fucking common sense little girl!!!"

Joker put his hand on her throat, slowly tightening his grip until he heard her soft gasps for air.

"You WILL obey me baby girl!! What I do to Harley is none of your business." He growled out as he watched Lisbeth's cheeks start to turn red from lack of air.

"And next time you disobey me, I can promise you, the punishment will be much, much worse."

He let go of her neck and watched her gasp for air before he got up off the ground and walked back to bed, sitting wearily down and putting his head back in his hands.

Lisbeth slowly attempted to stand up, trying to not to let her spinning head bother her. She couldn't make it to her feet so she crawled over to him, stopping when she reached the bed. She stayed there, kneeling at his feet, her head hanging in shame for what felt like forever until she felt a soft hand on her cheek.

She cautiously looked up to see Joker looking at her with a serious but gentle look.

"Princess, why don't you go make me a bath? Daddy doesn't like being covered in that Assassin asshole's blood."

"Yes daddy!" She replied, quickly standing up and making her way to the bathroom. She started the bath, making sure it was the temperature J liked. After she was finished, she walked back to J who sat on the bed, staring into space.

"Daddy," she said quietly. "It's ready." She held out her hand and he took it, letting her lead him to the bathroom. Once they were there, J just stood there looking at the water. Lisbeth could see the pain in his eyes but she wasn't sure where the pain was coming from. It broke her heart though; she wanted to take it away.