Killing the hurt with a Bottle

Lisbeth sat at the worn brown table in her small studio apartment, her gray eyes unfocused, gazing at nothing. This seemed to be her nightly routine. She lived for her work at Belle Reve-she put all her energy into her patients and then by the time she came home, she was an empty shell. Just the body of the woman she was. She liked it this way, it gave her less time to think, gave her less time to think about him and the moment when her life fell apart.

Her eyes found the small picture of him sitting next to her futon bed. His smile and curly brown hair shining out from the photograph; his 2 year old child innocence radiating all around. Lisbeth found herself standing up and walking towards the picture, her hand reaching out to touch it, but as if hit by electricity, she quickly pulled her hand into her chest and backed away. She shook her head roughly, internally yelling at herself to stop it, to stop thinking about it, stop feeling about it. There was no going back.

Lisbeth felt her body weaken under her sorrow and pain; she felt so much older than her 27 years. She slowly moved herself to the fridge, pulling out a bottle of wine and uncorking it. She stood there at the counter gulping down the drink, not even bothering with a glass. She couldn't wait to drink herself to blackness, then wake up in the morning and make her way to work; the only place she could go to escape her memories.

Lisbeth turned around and made her way to her bed, wine bottle in hand

Meanwhile across town....

Joker let out a loud laugh that echoed across his office, anyone but his seasoned henchmen would have cowered in fear. Jonny Frost just stood next to his boss with a small smile on his face. Joker looked to his right-hand man, his face stretching into an even bigger smile.

"Oh Jonny Boy, the time has come!!! It is time to bust her out!! Tomorrow is the day!!"

Joker laughed again, motioning all the henchmen out until only Jonny remained.

"How does it feel,boss? Knowing tomorrow that your Jester is going to be roaming the house's hallways again??"

Joker leaned back in his chair, staring upwards. "Frosty, Frosty, Frosty," he cackled "it has been far too long without my queen's chaos." He looked over towards the window that looked over Gotham.

"Harley, baby, we are coming for you!!"

A/N Sorry lovelies, just a short filler chapter. But next chapter except some
Busting-out-of-Belle-Reve fun!!!