She Never Lost that Fire

A/N hello lovelies! I wasn't planning on posting another chapter this weekend but wanted to do one in honor of finishing my last big work project of 2016. So excited!! ❤️ Enjoy!!

Lisbeth had to admit she was terrified. The only think keeping her together was the strong arms of Harley Quinn wrapped around her as the van made its way through the city.

Lisbeth felt eyes on her from across the van. She slowly looked up to find the Joker's eyes boring into her. She felt her cheeks become red as she looked down quickly. She then heard a cackle coming from the Clown Prince.

"Oh baby, I think I already like your Nursey! So much sweetness, I can feel my remaining teeth rotting!"

Harley started laughing along with him, pulling Lisbeth into a tighter embrace. Lisbeth leaned into Harley even more, inhaling the scent that was all Harley. She really did like Harley. Lisbeth actually preferred the prisoners to the guards and Harley had a special place in her heart.

She remembered the first day that Harley was brought in. She had so much fire in her eyes and even when the guards started savagely beating her, she never lost that fire. Lisbeth respected her from that moment.

Harley also remembered that same moment as if it was yesterday. As she was starting to lose consciousness she remembered a petite, blonde woman in nurses' scrubs jumping in between herself and the guards.

"Stop this now!" She heard the woman yell, "She has stopped fighting, now you are just hurting her!" Her eyes blurrily remembered a guard stalking up to the woman and grabbing her roughly. "This is none of your concern, Nurse," he spit out in an eerily calm voice. Harley had then felt the woman's arms wrap around her gently and trying to lift her up before the man ripped the Nurse away, causing Harley to fall back against the wall. She heard the Nurse whimper in fear.
"I...I...I'm sorry Officer Griggs, but look, she is hurt, please stop."

Harley heard this Officer Griggs laugh, "Well, well, well, you want to save the Joker's bitch so much, whatch you gonna give me, huh??"

Harley tried to raise her head, knowing exactly what this asshole wanted. By the Nurse's shaking voice, she could tell she knew too.

"Officer...I...I....just please leave her be. Look at her s....sh...she can barely even move."

"Well then little lady, you want to spare her so bad, why don't you and I take a little walk to the locker room..."

Harley could see the Officer pawing at the terrified woman. "Please, please, don't..."

Harley heard the nurse whimper as Griggs dragged her away. Harley tried to protest but didn't have the strength. The next time Harley saw Nurse L, she could detect the faint bruises around her neck and forearms, a light bruise and cut graced the side of her mouth. At that moment she knew what this woman had done for her and she let her into her heart and soul like she had only let Joker in before.

Joker could see both women were far far away in the past as they clutched each other. He shook his head slightly...women, always so sentimental.

Suddenly the van stopped and the women both seemed to shake the memories away.

"We're home!" Harley cried out, dragging Lisbeth by the arm out the back of the van "ta-da!!"
Lisbeth gazed up at a large house. It was older but nonetheless beautiful.

She had  to admit, though, she wasn't really surprised

She had to admit, though, she wasn't really surprised. From what Harley had told her about the Joker, he only accepted the best.

Harley linked her arm with Lisbeth's and giggled, as if they were just two high school best friends heading for a sleepover.

They entered the house after the Joker,  and as soon as the door closed behind them, J turned around with a big smile on his face.

"Doll face, why don't we send our lovely guest here to your room. She can stay in there until the men set something up for her."

Lisbeth shrunk back as the Joker put his face near hers. "I am sorry, Nursey, but we must bid you adieu for the night. My queen and I have a lot of catching up to do." He let out a loud laugh as Harley let go of Lisbeth and intertwined her fingers with J.

"We will see you in the morning, lovely! Goodnight!" Harley sang out.

As the two clowns bounded up the stairs Lisbeth felt someone next to her.

"Hello, Nurse. My name is Jonny. I will show you to your room."

Lisbeth sighed and followed the man up the stairs, confused and exhausted, and definitely not sure what she had gotten herself in to.