"Mom, I'm fine. I have Todd If I ever need anything. We have a break soon, I will come home then, I miss you so much, and dad."

"That sounds great, Your father needs to take his medication I have to go, I will talk to you later this week."

"Wait mom, what medication? What's wrong with dad?" I felt my heart stop, If anything were to ever happen to my dad I'd be heartbroken. 

"Nothing to be worried about, he just fell at work and hurt his back." 

"At an office? Mom stop lying and just tell me what's going on!" I raised my voice a little, regretting it afterwards. 

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me Elana, your fathers health is none of your business, You have changed lately Elana, and I'm not sure If I'm very happy about it."

"Just tell me what happened to him!" I was crying now. 

"If you want to know so much your father had a heart attack, all of this stress with work and you acting up is doing nothing for his health."

"Don't you dare bring this on me, Why didn't you tell me?"

"You would have found out if you had called us, now stop being a child and pull yourself together." 

"Does Todd know?"

"Yes, for a matter of fact he does, at least he calls every night, and I know for a fact Fearne would have as well." Her voice was cold and dripping with venom. Her words stung like knives. She knew better than to bring up Fearne. I was so angry with her, with Todd, with everyone at the moment. How couldn't they tell me? 

"Bye, mother." I pressed the red button and threw my phone across the room, the screen cracking in the process. 

My head was pounding now, It was only 12;30 and I already had a horrible start to the day, the thought of having to tell Todd about Niall wasn't making the situation any better. I was mad at him for not telling me. I stormed out the bathroom and straight out of the dorm room, I didn't know where I was going. Anywhere but here, I thought. 

I found myself walking for a while, stopping when I saw a bench by a tree, looking onto the water. I sat down for a bit. Cursing when I remembered I had forgotten my phone. The sound of the water calmed me, I stopped thinking about Todd and Niall and My family for a second, Instead thinking about the water, and how easy the animals have it. I looked onto the old marked wood of the bench and saw letters and names of all sorts carved onto the rotting wood. 

I had no clue where I was, or how far the campus was from here but I was in no rush to get back, I didn't want to face what was waiting for me. I jumped when I heard someone chuckle. I turned round to see a tall dark-blonde headed boy, tattoos lacing his arms and a lip piercing dominant on his lower lip. He took a drag of the cigarette in his mouth then flicked it onto the dry grass, exhaling the smoke afterwards. "Trying to get something off your mind?" I must admit, he was attractive in an I'm scared of him kind of way. "I'm Luke, Luke Hemmings." 

"Elana. How can you tell?"

"Well, Elana. Your facial expression says 'I'm stressed.' Want a smoke?"

"Uh, I don't smoke."

"Nether did I." He was right, but I promised myself to always look after my body, and smoking wasn't going to do any good, but on the other hand, what could one cigarette do?

"Fuck it, pass one." He chuckled, handing me a cigarette, I placed it between my lips, he lit the end of it.

He was staring at me, his mood showed he was entertained by my lack of knowledge on how to smoke a cigarette. I tried my best to inhale the smoke but once again my lack of knowledge betrayed me and I ended up choking. I tried again, this time a bit more successful, I felt a little dizzy but I didn't feel as stressed anymore. I felt good. "I feel dizzy."

"First smoke?" I nodded, "that usually happens, don't worry." I took another breath of the cigarette, letting the smoke calm me slightly. "So, what's on your mind that you came here?"

"To be honest I don't know where, 'here' is, I just started walking and well, here I am, but since you asked my dad had a heart attack and my mom and brother didn't think that maybe it was a good idea to tell me, and to make matters worse I'm secretly dating someone that my brother hates more than losing a soccer game, and he's really competitive." I was out of breath by the time I was done. "Why are you here?"

"I come here a lot. You're not aloud to smoke on campus so i do it here, I guess I like being alone better." I understood what he meant. I liked being alone too. "I guess I just find it relaxing. No noise, no drama. Just me and my cigarettes." It was starting to get dark now, god knows how much cigarettes we had gotten through but there was an empty packet lying on the bench and used cigarette butts stuffed into it. 

"I guess I better go. It's getting dark and I have no clue how to get back. It was nice talking to you. See you later."

"By 'see you later' I hope you mean I'll see you again sometime? Maybe you could give me your number and we could meet up here again." 

"I would but I've kind of left my phone at my dorm."

"Give me your number and I'll text you, then you'll have mine." I gave him my number, waved then started my journey home. I saw a 7/11 so I popped in and bought a bottle of mountain dew with the $2.50 that was still in my pocket. I wasn't very hungry, I guess It's true that smoking makes you lose your appetite. 

...

After an hour of walking I finally made It back to my dorm, but what was waiting for me on the other side of the door I was not expecting. 

...

((I'm back! yay. I feel 100x better and I'm quite proud of this chapter:)), I added punk Luke because why not. I made this quite a bit longer because you all deserve it after I made you wait so long! I'm reallyyy happy with the reads 31.6 K!! and 1K votes! AMAZING Thank you so much It means a million. My updating schedule should go back to normal soon and the update days are most likely going to be Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday (Or maybe both ;)) because that's when I have the most time. I really hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. ilysm stay beautiful✿.))