Chapter 41: Can't Let Her Get Away

A/N: So sorry for the delay, I could've finished this yesterday but plans were being thrown at me so I couldn't find time to do it. Enjoy the new chapter though. - Alex xoxo

-Michael-

:Wonder this time where she's gone. Wonder if she's gone to stay. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. And this house just ain't no home, anytime she goes away:

I pressed my foot on the brakes harshly to a stop as my car, along with other vehicles from the front and back, were all stuck in traffic. It's incredible, and also perfect timing too.

A police officer was wandering around the cars for some sort of update on the traffic, I could already tell from the reactions of the other drivers that we would be stuck in here for a while.

"Excuse me? Officer?" I called out to a nearby officer with an African-American descent as he immediately came over close to the driver's window, "Could you tell me how long this traffic would hold?"

The officer looked from me to the massive line of cars that you could still see by the scorching horizon. "There has been a car accident near the exit of the highway to the airport, it can take a while until the traffic subside, thirty minutes to an hour max."

"Accident? Are any of the casualties okay?" I asked the officer worriedly, what if it was Ariana in that very car accident? I would not know what to do with myself if that happened.

"Luckily, yeah. It was a hit and run, although I heard that a car got wrecked real bad."

I didn't let the officer finish the rest of the story as I turned off the engine and started to sprint towards the direction of the airport. I have to go to her, apologise to her for letting go that easily, win back her heart, injured or not.

"Hey! You can't just leave your car in traffic here!" The police officer's calls were becoming very distant the more I pushed myself running in the middle of the traffic, couldn't really care any less on what would happen to the car I left behind.

They can tow it away if they want, I don't need it anyway.

Please be okay, please.

~Ariana~

My fingers fiddled around the corners of the worn out cover of Michael's journal, as if they were deciding on their own if I should open the journal and read one of his entries or not.

However, my brain kept on reminding me that it was his journal, something that I couldn't just read out of curiousity.

Somehow, I still respected him and his privacy, despite him not respecting his wanting relationship with me.

I was deeply lost in thought when I heard the intercom in the airport announce that the boarding gates to my plane ride home were going to open in thirty minutes.

I twisted my wrist watch towards me to check the time; 7:56 am.

So by 8:30 am, I'd be on the plane already, and my worries and stress would finally disappear into thin air like they were never there.

To kill time, I allowed myself to drown into a nap while listening to music from my phone.

I heard that you settled down, that you found the girl and you're married now...

Skip.

Come on skinny love just last the year...

Skip.

I know I'll never love this way again, so I keep holding on, before the good is gone...

Skip.