Chapter 32: Don't Make Me Fly Away, My Moonlight

A/N: I'm confident that this chapter will make you cry (Sorry if you easily cry in books and movies).

DISCLAIMER: This chapter features sexual (not smut) scenes, triggering moments and very, I mean VERY, adorable Mariana moments. If you're in deep shit, make sure you have someone to talk your problems out. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK PEOPLE. Enjoy. - Alex xoxo

~Ariana~

We finally arrived at the Palm Springs International Airport to book our pre-paid tickets to Honolulu. Despite us not really have anything to bring, we didn't pay extra for luggage.

"Okay so all we needed to do was find those snitches before they could get to Chandler, correct?" I reminded Michael on what we needed to do as we sat waiting for boarding time. We were lucky that we were ahead of them, otherwise, they would've gotten to Chandler and Michael's plans would be ruined.

Speaking of Michael's plans, I wasn't exactly sure on what his plans with the morphine that he needed so desperately. If he's not the one taking it, then who is?

"Can I ask you a question, Michael?" I spoke up quietly, careful not disturb Mark from his nap. "Of course, anything," Michael replied as he shifted his whole body towards me. I cleared my throat before I began, "I am just wondering, why are we chasing down on a medical drug you don't want anyone to know about? And I know this wasn't for you to take either," I asked as I also pointed out some things that I already knew.

"Mark told you some fun stories, huh?" Michael said with a small nervous chuckle as he moved himself back to his original sitting position.

Michael looked down momentarily, avoiding eye contact from me, leaving me curious on what he had in mind, "You would think of me differently if I do," Michael said carefully as he anxiously looked at the people around him, as if scared that someone might accidentally hear what he was about to say to me, "Just spit it out, Michael, I promise I won't overreact."

Michael's shaky breaths indicated that whatever it is he has in mind, it would never be a good thing to hear by anybody, "I was planning to inject the morphine into Chandler, so that it would knock him out for good."

Now it was my turn to heave out shaky breaths as I stared at Michael in complete horror. "D-does th-that mean?"

Michael had the courage to look up from the ground as pure innocence were glassing over his brown eyes. No, why would someone like Michael do something like this, let alone commit to a murder?

Even though I am still saddened by what he did to me before, I couldn't help but feel shit scared and concerned for Michael.

"Just say what you wanted to say to me Ariana. I more than likely deserve to be called a killer, murderer, what else? Do you have anything else in mind?"

"Stop, don't call yourself that, you haven't killed anyone yet," I shook my head vigorously as I subconsciously placed my hand on Michael's shoulder. I felt Michael's body tense at the sudden small move I made on him. He eventually moved his head to make eye contact with his alluring eyes. For the first time in a long time, he was giving me the motherfucking butterflies.

This is nothing, this is just me trying to diverse the guilt Michael is feeling. No strong feelings for him please. Just no.

"I'm fucked up aren't I?" Michael said with a forced laugh, "Like what am I doing?"

I dropped my hand from Michael's shoulder as I asked calmly, "You are just trying to seek freedom, aren't you?"

Michael shrugged dully as he formed a straight line on his lips, "I don't even know anymore, I would still be on the run for forbidding the law. It all comes down to being lucky, I guess."