Chapter 18: Only 1 Speed Demon (Valentine's Day Special)

A/N: I've been spoiling you guys too much with the early updates, but its VALENTINE'S DAY today, so I'm making this as a good excuse to post you guys an early chapter! Enjoy! xoxo

As soon as Michael and Peter left my house, I called Molly to let her know about the news. Her reaction was not as surprised as I have thought, "Wow, just wow, I can't believe you told him straight to his face that you don't have any more feelings for him." Molly said over the phone in a monotonic voice.

"Yeah, I know, I think it was such a low move." I sighed.

Molly gasped in shock at my response, "Girl, you do what you gotta do. What you just did with Peter takes a lot of guts for even a girl to confess that they're not in love with their boyfriend, and Ariana, you had more balls than the guys I've been hooking up with combined."

Now it was my turn to be in shock, "Wait Molly, what the actual-"

"Ariana, I was kidding," Molly interrupted as I have sensed Molly's wide grin. I rolled my eyes at her silly joke, "Anyway, I still feel bad about it, I think it has impacted Peter a hell lot." I said worryingly, biting on my nails.

"Who cares about Peter? You got Michael now," I blushed at Molly's mention of Michael.

"What about Michael? Why are we talking about him now?" I asked, hoping that she doesn't pick up me pretending not knowing what's going on.

"Are you seriously asking me that question? For the last couple of days, all you talk about was 'Michael this, Michael that', it's obvious that you are crushing on him," Molly chuckled at the other end of the line, basically telling me that she somehow knew what's up.

"Ooooooh, Ariana is thinking about it!" Molly cooed over the phone as soon as she noticed my silence.

"Molly, stop it! I just broke up with Peter. This is unfair to him," I pouted, even though Molly couldn't really see me pout, "he's still our friend," I added.

"Whatever you say, Ariana. I am Team Michael, by the way."

"What is this? Twilight on steroids?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, these juicy details are so much better than Twilight. Get ins Ariana!"

I scrunched my nose at Molly's intention for me and Michael, but at the same time I was laughing at the irony that we sorta, um, you know...

"You're so dirty Molly, God, please cleanse yourself!" I exclaimed before Molly notices my sudden silence once again.

"Anyway, I gotta go, need to catch up on school work," I heard Molly make a hissing sound before she said, "Okay, talk to you soon, I need to know more about you and Michael, okay?"

"Whatever Molly, I'm hanging up," I giggled at my little threat.

"Alright, bye!" Then the line was cut.

***

Monday

Monday morning has been different ever since I broke up with Peter. No morning texts, no free rides to school and back. I'm now back to the basics.

Realising that I don't have a car for myself, should've made me realise that the dream I had Friday night, was a dream in the first place.

Not taking the chance to catch the bus today, I called the only person who can take me to school. After all, we are not done with the deal yet.