Chapter 4: Greedy Girlfriend

I continuously reread the stage direction over and over again, but the words still remained the same.

They kiss.

I looked at everyone in the classroom, waiting for us to make a move. Everyone's having their eyes glued on us, especially Peter, his eyes were glaring at Michael. Mr. Glasby broke the awkward silence between us, "You don't have to make out, just a peck on the lips or on the cheek would do." I felt more pressured as ever as soon as he said those words.

I took a deep breath as Michael moistened his lips and intensely stare into my eyes. His eyes. I don't know how he did it, but they have caught my attention as they reeled me in to come closer. Michael was leaning in as well, my breath hitched shakily at how close our faces are already. Just one small push then-

The bell rings.

Mr. Gatsby let out a loud "hoo!" sound before clapping his hands together. "Boy, that was intense. We're continuing this tomorrow." I backed away from Michael and from the corner of my eye, I can see Michael's lip tug upward a little bit to form a hidden half-smirk on his face. Well, that's a first.

I decided to help the other students return the chairs and tables back to their original places and left the scripts on the teacher's desk as we leave the classroom.

Everybody excitedly walked out of the school to head on home while I still felt like I have a million years to go till I can come home myself.

Peter saw me through the crowd and walked closer to me without bumping into anybody. "Peter, thank God you're here," I was about to come in for a hug but Peter interrupted me before I could do anything, "Do you necessarily have to go with what the teacher tells you to do?" I fidgeted with my fingers like a kid who doesn't know what to do while Peter puts his hands on his sides, waiting for my answer. "Well?"

"Peter, it was just for fun. There was nothing wrong with a bit of acting." I walked closer to him as I touched his arms reassuringly but Peter shrugs my hands off, "I can't believe you were about to kiss some guy, in front of me!" I didn't say anything to that, because I know what I did was wrong for our relationship. Peter was facing his back towards me, "Ariana, you could've backed out."

"Okay Peter, I'm sorry. Next lesson, when Mr. Glasby ask me to do something like that, I will not participate. Just don't be angry at me, please." I walked closer to him and wrapped my arms around his masculine waist. I felt his chest heaved out a lot of air before turning around to face me again.

"Okay, I forgive you. You gotta promise me on that one?" I nodded my head as I wrapped my arms around his waist for another hug. Peter brushed my thick hair with his hand and stayed in that position for a while. I eventually let go as I sighed in relief that we finally finished going through another problem. This is healthy, couples do this all the time.

"Now, I've got detention." I crossed my arms, looking around the now empty school hallways. "Yeah, with that guy," Peter's over-protective self returned, but this time, he wasn't directly angry at me. "And his name is Michael, he's not just 'some guy'." I sighed and reached up to touch his cheek with a reassuring smile, "Will you pick me up later after detention?" I asked changing the topic.

"Babe, I can't, I have band practice later with Philip Lawrence. I can cancel if you want?" I shook my head no, I knew he haven't had his band practice lately, so I'm letting him go on this one. "Stay in band practice Peter, I can find a ride home." Peter smiled as he leaned forward to give me a goodbye kiss, "Have fun in detention," he smiled with our foreheads leaning against each other. "Oh, I'll try." I giggled as we let go of our touch, our fingers are slipped from each other's hands. Before I knew it, Peter was already waving me goodbye from across the hallway.