Chapter 8: Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

"And that is how I got to where I am right now." I concluded to Molly, with an equally confused look on her face. "That does sound complicated," Molly said as she pondered on it herself. "Ariana, do you think that Michael is probably just trying to reach out to you?" Molly suggested.

"That's crazy! All he did was mess with my thoughts and make me feel like a dumb, stupid bitch." I said trying to point out Michael's obvious actions.

"But can't you see the meaning behind the things that he did to you? Like breaking your fight with Peter, offering you a ride home on his motorbike, saved you from getting a detention, preventing your possible break up? From what I see, I think he's low-key trying to protect you and get you to recognise his actions that way."

After hearing Molly's understanding of my situation with Michael, I started to think that it's possible that Michael could be doing all these douchey actions for a good cause, in this case, for my cause. However, one question still remains in my head, why?

If he simply just wants to protect me, or even get close to me, why does he have to be so secret about it? What is he hiding from me so much, that he doesn't want me to find out? Why does it feel like, he is hiding the real Michael?

I gathered my thoughts together for now as I washed my naked face with water, to refresh my confused enough mind. I looked at Molly through her reflection on the mirror with a sigh and said, "We gotta go, Mr. Williams will notice our absence in class."

"Who cares if we're late, it's not like Mr. Williams would care. He's like another version of Mr. Joseph, but more chill." Molly reminded me as I grabbed for my stuff that was dropped on the floor when we came in. I chuckled at Molly's remark as we walked out of the now, almost empty hallway.

"I still can't believe you guys made that deal. I bet ya, he only made the deal as an excuse to just kiss you." Molly laughed as I rolled my eyes, "I really doubt that Molly, he doesn't like me that way." I really doubt it.

***

"Hey Molly, is it okay if I don't eat with you in lunch today? I need to attend to something." Molly looked up as she was walking and nodded 'yes', "But where are you going?" she asked. "I don't know, I'll see you later after school?" Molly sighed with a slight of disappointment on her face, "Fine, I'll see you later. Hope you will find what you're looking for."

"Yeah, I will," and I was marching off to, I don't know where yet, but I will find Michael. It's about time that I need to have the talk with him.

I first went to the vending machine to grab a packet of chips and an energy bar. The chicken curry Michael gave me, made me full enough to last me for another two hours.

I asked people around, even though they most likely wouldn't know, if they knew where Michael went or hang out in lunch. Many said they have no clue, while others say they have seen him in many parts of the school, all alone. I pity him. I know that he's an amazing person inside, he just needs somebody to help him show that.

By now, I've asked the entire grade on where he might've been, but I still haven't found him. The entire grade except for one.

I walked outside of the school building to go to the oak tree that was planted near the bleachers.

"Please be a real person," I prayed out loud, hoping that it's not just a little voice inside my head. I started to climb on the sturdy branches of the tree. It was easier to climb the tree this time, because I am now wearing more comfortable clothes with my Adidas shoes on, so I ended up reaching to the top without any issues.

Once I settled myself on the branch, the view once again, amazed me. I would honestly not get used to this view.

"Hello?" I called out for the voice, or somebody, anybody. "Is anybody here?" I called out again, still nothing.