Chapter 39: Focus, Burn This Disco Out

A/N: Hmmmm.... Gorilla or Come Together??? Damn it! It's actually so hard for me to choose between two videos with both of my mans being daddy af! But since this book is always about Michael, then Come Together it is! Haha. Enjoy this steamy and dramatic chapter (also, back at it again with the song punz 😉). - Alex xoxo

~Ariana~

Mark protectively grabbed my hand to drag me away from Michael as I watched him disappear into the crowd.

"This is ridiculous Mark, I don't see the point of us staying here tonight. If he thinks that he can handle Chandler all by himself, then why did he bring us along into this mission?"

Mark waited until he sat me down on the bar stool as he ordered two pints of beer for the both of us, "I used to think the same thing when I first met Michael, but now, I'm starting to think that he just needed some kind of backup," Mark shrugged as he immediately picked up the glass of beer to chug the alcohol down his throat.

I watched Mark's face squirm at the burning sensation he must be experiencing in his throat. I'd take he's not the type who drinks in a daily basis.

I slid my own drink away from me as I wasn't planning on getting wasted tonight. Since that night in Purgatory, I became more cautious with what I've been given in nightclubs (or strip bars, I suppose), especially with an offer with drinks.

My ears decided to pick up on the music that was playing in the background as I looked at the feral crowd hollering at the girls strip teasing for them. No wonder I will never, ever go back to a place like this, it's disgusting.

However, the more I paid attention to the music, the more I recognized the voice behind the mic. I stood up from my seat to make my way towards the stage. Mark noticed my departure as he grabbed my arm to stop me from going any further, "Hey, you can't just go out on your own, we need to stick together, remember?"

I ignored Mark's warning as I managed to lose his grip on his arm. I continued to follow the music to the front of the stage where the intense heat grew, I started to worry for my makeup to melt too much as it could reveal parts of my true identity, and Chandler hasn't even arrived yet.

After going through a sea of intoxicated people, I finally made it to the very front of the stage where I could see the band rocking out their music with... Peter?

I didn't know Peter had a gig here tonight, I thought his main reason to be here was to have a meeting with his producer. Apparently his plans might've been set aside for this.

But it wasn't just Peter who surprised me the most. I also saw his once sweet and innocent girlfriend, Natalie, strutting her long model legs on the catwalk, like a Victoria's Secret Angel, as she ripped her black skimpy dress in half to reveal a leopard print bra that perfectly accented her skinny model body underneath.

The crowd went wild as it seemed like in my eyes that she was a real professional on this stripping business, like she has been doing this since she was born.

Natalie ignored the money being thrown at her as she stepped down the stage towards one lucky guy in the crowd.

It was very unfortunate when I saw Natalie's fingers tugging on the collar of a yellow button up shirt that I knew too well off. I didn't just felt jealous, I was also enraged at both Michael and Natalie for allowing this to happen, mainly Michael. Like, where did the plan on keeping a low-profile go?

Yet, Michael still allowed this girl, who's being a skank, to touch him in the most inappropriate places. I knew it without looking at Peter, that he was infuriated with what was happening right in front of me, I know I would too if Michael was my boyfriend.