Chapter 21: They Don't Know About Us

~Ariana~

Today is the night of homecoming. I haven't spoken to Michael since the day Peter became a complete dick to him. I haven't forgiven him yet, he doesn't deserve to be forgiven until he realises his mistakes.

I always see Michael around school, but when Michael's around, so is Peter. As promised, I stayed away from Michael just for the sake of peace between the three of us.

What's even worst, is that I've missed him, terribly. I often wonder if he feels the same way.

"Ariana! Yoo hoo?" Molly's voice cut me off from my daydream as I focus on what was in front of me, which was Molly, in her dress, "Yes? Sorry, I didn't hear what you said."

Molly snorted in amusement, "Of course you didn't, you were dozing off to 'la la land' the entire time I was here," I groaned at my lack of appreciation, "Yeah about that,"

Molly interrupted me, "Girl, I wasn't upset about it, I just need an opinion," I sat up straighter, giving her my full attention, "Does this dress make me look fat?"

I cracked up at what I thought was a serious question the whole time, "Ariana, I know I asked you for an opinion, but that doesn't mean you have the right to make fun of me," Molly said, pouting her lips in annoyance.

"No, no, no, you look beautiful, it's just that," I paused, stifling a laughter along the way, "It's just what?" Molly asked.

"It's just that, I thought you were going to ask me something serious like, if you're going to lose your virginity to someone tonight. I don't know, don't mind me, I tend to think of the most random things."

Molly rolled her eyes at my silliness as she asked me again, "Do you think Toby would like it?"

I shot my eyes wide open, both surprised and excited for her, "Toby's your partner for the dance?"

"Well, he was really cute when he asked me out so, why not?" I squealed in giddiness for Molly as I squeezed her tight in a hug, "Okay, losing circulation here," Molly said in short breaths.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just so happy for you right now," I said clasping my hands together. "Heh, thanks, you're acting like my mum though," Molly and I giggled simultaneously.

"So, who asked you? I never had the chance to ask you either," I blushed even at the thought of Michael's name, Molly noticed my sudden silence, "Come on Ariana, I know you wanna tell me."

I laughed and covered my face, embarrassed of the instant reactions I tend to have whenever we talk about Michael. I took a deep breath, before blurting out Michael's name.

"It was Michael who sort of asked me out," it was then Molly's turn to widen her eyes in surprise and in excitement, "No way," Molly said giddily.

"Yes way."

Molly then jumped up and down in celebration as she hugged me tight, like the wedding of the year is going to be celebrated today. "Molly, I need to breath," Molly lets go of the hug with a sheepish smile, but her giddiness has taken over most of it.

"You do know, if you're saying your mum and I have a lot in common, then you should take a look in the mirror because you are so acting like your mum."

"Like mother like daughter I guess," Molly chuckled as she gathers her dress together, "Hate to cut this awesome time with you short but, I've got to go, I need to prepare and everything for tonight."

"Why don't you get ready here?" I suggested.

"Thanks, but no thanks, I wanted your meeting with Michael to be special, I know you guys haven't seen or talk to each other in weeks." Weeks? Felt like years!