Chapter 19: Apples and Little Girls

A/N: Updating today because of swimming carnival tomorrow, therefore no school work for meh!!! Enjoy! xoxo.

Double History was a blur.

Seriously.

History was so boring, I fell asleep in class while everybody else was watching a documentary on World War II.

Mr. Joseph is such a good teacher.

The school bell woke me up from my nap. I slowly lifted my head up with my arms stretched out. I rubbed my eyes for any sleep stuck inside my eyelids followed by yawns.

I looked around the classroom for Michael. He's not here. He skipped a lesson, again? This habit of his is making me worried, too worried. I don't know why I should even be worried for him, I know he doesn't want me to.

I gathered my things and exited the, now empty, classroom. When I made it towards my locker, I spotted Michael walking right past me.

"Michael!" I called out. Michael spun on his heel at the mention of his name as I hurried towards him.

"What is it?" asked Michael.

I slammed the locker door as I walked up near him, "What do you mean, what is it?" I mimicked his tone, "Where have you been? You missed out on Double History," I said, placing my hand on my hip.

Michael rolled his eyes, "I had important errands to run, besides, it's none of your business to know my every move, where I've been," Michael waved his hand saying 'la-de-dah-de-dah' under his breath.

"Right, and I'm your friend, and friends tell each other everything, am I right?" I questioned him.

Michael pouted his lips as if in deep thought, "Hmm, did I say that we're friends? No, no we're not. And we're only 'friends' whenever our parents want to meet up. Just so, you know, keep the good impression."

"That's true, you didn't say that we're friends," Michael cocked his eyebrow upward, "but I'm saying that we are, and you're hanging out with me for lunch," I grabbed his wrist and dragged him behind me through the crowd.

"What? Uh- Ariana!" Michael struggled over removing my tight grip around his wrist. I, however, am so eager to take Michael to my new favourite spot.

The oak tree.

"So this is where you contemplate about your messed up life," Michael commented when we reached the tree. I let go of Michael's wrist, a hand mark being printed on his skin which needed soothing.

"Oh shut up will you?" I hit Michael's arm playfully as I started climbing the tree, I'm starting to get better at this.

"Come on, Mike! Just grab a sturdy branch and climb up," I called out for Michael, who was still where he was before.

"Oh shut up will you?" Michael mimicked me, "I know how this works."

I reached to the top, the spot I always sit on every lunch time. Michael eventually caught up and settled down on a branch next to me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I said in awe as we admire the view from up here.

"Very," Michael agreed beside me.

I was so tempted to look at Michael's reaction of the view from up here, but I can't since I don't want him to have to wrong idea of me, into him. Which is true, I just don't want him to see my true feelings for him, yet.

Michael and I stayed silent, not awkwardly, but rather a nice silence. Silence that is very calming.

The silence, however, was soon broken by Michael, "So, what did I miss in History?"