Chapter 37: I'll Be There

A/N: Seriously, I hate it when I cut myself some slack and not update you guys with new juicy chapters. But here's one right now. Enjoy. - Alex xoxo

~Ariana~

Mark didn't tell us anything in the car ride to the hotel until we actually arrived at the hotel. Once Michael heard the bad news about Chandler and the morphine, Michael got in an angry fit.

"Great! That's just great. If that fucking Peter didn't show up we could've got the fucking morphine before Chandler did by then."

"Michael, calm down we can think of something," I tried to soothe Michael down who was pacing around the hotel room with his hands running through his loose curls in frustration and worry.

"How can I calm down? This was all my fault, I was too nice to Uncle Peter, I can't-"

"Ariana's right, there's gotta be something we could do to resolve this," Mark stood up from the living room chair to pace around the room himself in thought.

I started to brainstorm on some ideas too, despite of me thinking as hard as I could, none still came to mind.

"Do you know Chandler's plans for today?" Michael asked Mark in a much calmer tone.

"Well actually, I got access on his phone, and you wouldn't believe how many times he-"

"Show me," Michael interrupted Mark and it was almost like he jumped out of his own skin. That was how quick he got to Mark.

Mark passed the laptop to Michael as he peered down at the screen, "What does that say?" Michael asked, sounded more to himself than to Mark.

"That says Chandler's meeting at a place called 'The Grapevine'. Hey, I love that song," Mark said in a cheery voice as Michael typed something on the laptop with his serious mode on.

"'The Grapevine', ten miles from here," Michael flipped the laptop over to Mark and I for us to see.

Mark adjusted his glasses before he asked, "So what were you planning to do? Come up to Chandler and be like, 'Hey buddy, I know you got my morphine so could you kindly hand it over and also please don't kill me in the process'."

"In a way, yes," Michael flipped the laptop back over to him as he studied on the laptop screen for a little bit longer, "and it says here that he will be celebrating a bachelor's party there."

"Sounds like he's trying to fit in with the young," Mark commented as Michael huffed a concentrated sigh, "but Michael, how are we supposed to confront to Chandler that easily without him recognizing us?"

Michael looked up from his laptop, "There's a reason why disguises exist in this world right?" Michael switched his eye contact between Mark to myself as he spoke.

"Disguise, huh? How long do we have?" Mark asked.

"We have until seven tonight, we have plenty of time to prepare, but we need to start preparing now, especially you Ariana."

"M-me?" I stuttered nervously as I placed my hand on my chest.

"Yes, you Ariana. I know I promised that I will be by your side to protect you, but occasions like tonight, we tend to split up and the only person who could protect you, is you and you only."

"She's coming with us?" Mark interrupted us as Michael rolled his eyes, "Yes Mark, I was the one who brought her here, so she is a part of this mission." Michael said with a dull voice in frustration.

"I know you brought her here and all, but she doesn't have to come along with us if she doesn't want to."

Michael shoved his shoulder against Mark in irritation as he said, "Ariana has already been through much worst, and besides, I already said that she's a part of the team."