Chapter 23: Just A Little Bit Of You And Your Heart

~Ariana~

I was standing at the empty beach under the morning sun. Feeling the summer air against my face as it flowed along with the waves, gravity pulling the water down to the wet sand.

I walked over closer to the beach in curiosity to feel the cold water being wrapped around my ankles as I took a deep breath of the warm salty air, with my eyes closed. Feeling the peace around me.

"Little girl!" A familiar voice called out for my name.

I opened my eyes slowly, turning my body around to come face to face with my best friend, my Michael.

"Applehead!" I cried in response, running over to him to be in his loving arms once again.

Michael caught me, spinning me around in joy with smiles, creeping up on our faces, "Oh, how I've missed you," Michael said happily, which caused me to chuckle.

"Missed me? How long was it since we last saw each other?" I asked curiously, swore to the angels that we went out for the homecoming dance that was happening in school that night.

Homecoming.

How did I ended up here?

"It doesn't matter about how long, we're here now and that's what matters," Michael replied. So far everything is positive.

"Can I-um, ask you something?" Michael asked timidly.

I chuckled once again at Michael's shyness and how cute he can get when he does, "Of course Michael, ask away."

Michael twiddled with his thumbs in nervousness, with his head down to avoid eye contact. I lifted his chin with my forefinger, to bring his eyes on to mine, "It's okay Michael, no one else is here to judge you, you know I wouldn't."

I placed my small hand that perfectly cups around the side of his beautiful face as Michael let out a nerve-racking sigh, "You're right, I should be able to say whatever I want in front of you, especially if it's just you listening." This brought a smile to my face, having the knowledge that you were being trusted by someone who can reveal their inner thoughts to you without them feeling uncomfortable.

I nodded my head at Michael for him to continue, "I meant to tell you this back at the motel on the way back home from New York, but I never got the chance. So this is my chance now to spill it all out, for you," Michael began.

"Ever since we were little, I always had a massive crush on you. From the first time you defended me from those bullies in first grade, to the second I laid my eyes on you once again when we met at school near the principle's office," Michael blushed as he spoke, causing me to feel butterflies in my stomach.

"I know I didn't looked like I wasn't pleased at all, but in reality, I really was happy to finally see you, deep inside," Michael placed his hand over his heart, "and I'm so much happier now that you're here with me."

I placed my hands into his, giving it a little squeeze as Michael let out a cute giggle, "I have also been longing you tell you this but," Michael paused, biting on his soft kissable lips, "I don't know if you feel the same way."

I shook my head at what he was assuming, placing my hands back on the apples of his cheeks, "Don't let that stop you from telling me how you feel, cuz chances are, I could be feeling the same way," and I know for damn sure that I do. I really do.

Michael took my hands from his cheeks and into his as he stroked the top of my hand with his thumb in slow small circles.

Michael took a deep breath as he looked at me lovingly in the eye, "Ariana, I wanted to let you know that I have fallen for you, hard. Hard enough to make me go crazy over you, think about you every night, my inspiration in my song writing. You are the reason why I am starting to have less of those dreams of Joseph," Michael's voice cracked at the mention of Joseph as I squeezed his hands in comfort. I'd never know how hard it must've been to even have Joseph as a father.