Chapter 14: Leave Me Lonely/Alone

Friday

The last two days has been quiet since Michael and I came back from our mini road trip to New York. I tried talking to him during English and History, but he doesn't seem to bother. I still failed looking around for him during lunch times so I end up climbing the oak tree and just chill there.

I tried calling out for Pan while I was up there, but no words or even a sound was made in response.

The flip side is that Peter is back to his normal ways, that's good I guess. Except, I don't really want to go back to the way they were before. Does that make me a bad person?

This morning, I arrived school with Peter, per usual, as I looked at the timetable to see the subjects I will be having today, "Double Music. Now this is my Friday," Peter beamed beside me as he was looking through my timetable as well. "Yeah, I'm pretty excited, did you know we have an assessment task?"

Peter widened his eyes in shock, "On the first week? Already?"

"Don't worry, I actually like this assignment." I grinned widely at the thought of working with Michael again today.

The bell rang for homeroom as Peter gave me a quick peck on the lips before we separate to our classrooms.

I was walking towards my classroom for homeroom as I realised that I forgot my lyric book. I ran back to my locker and without looking I bumped into someone, causing them to drop their things, "Oh my God, I am so sorry," I looked up to see Michael bending down to pick up his stuff on the floor, without saying another word. Okay, this silent treatment needs to stop.

"Michael, we need to-"

"-talk? Yeah, I know," Michael interrupted me mid sentence as he lend me his hand to help me up.

I hesitantly took it, mainly because of his sudden change of heart. And if he knew that we were gonna talk, then how come he hasn't came up to me yet?

"For now, we both need to go to class, you wouldn't want any more trouble by me," and that he walked off to his assigned homeroom. Well, at least I get to finally have a proper conversation Michael after that weird comeback to school.

If you ask me, I am really excited to go to Music class. So excited that homeroom seemed to drag by really slowly.

By the time the bell rang, I bolted out of the classroom towards the music rooms, in time for double Music. Peter was the next person to arrive, "Woah, you're early," Peter chuckled as he took a seat next to me.

"Yeah, I am really loving Music right now," I grinned widely as I looked towards the doorway of the classroom, waiting for Michael to walk through that door.

"Waiting for someone?" Peter interrupted after waiting for a couple of more minutes for Michael, or at least it feels like a couple more minutes.

I looked over the direction of where Peter was sitting and he has a curious look on his face, "Not really, why you ask?"

Peter laughed like it was some hilarious joke, "Ari, everybody else are already doing their assignments, you've been sitting here doing nothing but stare at that doorway for ten minutes straight." Gee, have I been waiting for this long?

"Oh was I? Sorry, it's just that my partner hasn't arrived yet," I gathered myself together, pulling out my lyric song book out of my bag and started writing some ideas for additional song lyrics for our song.